GH:3 to sell a substantial amount of Wii's?

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
Do you think GH:3 will be a Wii seller, seeing as how it has online play and downloads (available later) and its like $10-15 cheaper? Not to mention the Wii is MUCH cheaper than a 360 or PS3.

Opinions?

i think so, as i personally have a wii and i got gh3 preordered for it and i cant wait. woohoo!!

I don't think that downloadable content is going to hurt GH3 initially, but other than that I see it doing just that. Smart retailers will bundle it at a discount, but we will have to wait and see.

On Amazon, the Wii version of GH3 has more pre-orders than any of the other GH3 packages (the game-only PS2 version is a little higher though).

EK987 said:
wait, so there'll be online play with GH3 on wii?

yup online co-op and battle

but yes i would think it would sell more.

most gaming sites i went to have all said they wouldn't be surprised if it did out-sell other platforms

Last edited:
Spyro said:
Do you think GH:3 will be a Wii seller, seeing as how it has online play and downloads (available later) and its like $10-15 cheaper? Not to mention the Wii is MUCH cheaper than a 360 or PS3.

Opinions?
$20-30 bucks cheaper doesnt seem MUCH cheaper imo but system seller? not really, most people who are planning to buy it have a platform its already on, probably ps2 or 360 if theyre fans of the first 2... no one who is a guitar hero fan will buy a wii for it..

Sovieto said:
$20-30 bucks cheaper doesnt seem MUCH cheaper imo but system seller? not really, most people who are planning to buy it have a platform its already on, probably ps2 or 360 if theyre fans of the first 2... no one who is a guitar hero fan will buy a wii for it..

Ya, I agree. No one's gonna go out and buy a Wii for $250 and spend $90 on GH3. If they want to play GH so badly, I'm pretty sure there's a guitar that plugs into the AV part of your TV. Same idea as GH, and way cheaper.

haha true
ive seen one already
but GH III is gonna be a great seller
not sure about rising the # of console sales though

most people atleast have 1 of the 4 consoles and guitar hero 3 is on just about all of em, so you wouldnt buy a wii unless your really desperate to get the different features

its not gonna be a system mover, if it was exclusive id say yes, but its not.and i dont even think the Wii version gets DLable songs. correct me if im wrong..
but i have it pre ordered!

kapeman said:
Would you say the same thing about Halo3?
how could i? halo 3 is only on the xbox 360 and there are/were plenty of people holding off till it comes out to get a 360. guitar hero is a first time comer on the wii. so, if youre a guitar hero fan you must already own another platform it is coming out for.

Back