Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GH sagging whamy bar fix

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by HankB, Jan 31, 2009.

1. HankB

HankB WiiChat Member

One down side to the longer whammy bar on the GH:WT controller is that it is even more likely to rotate down under its own weight. This is not a big problem as you can pull it back up when you need it. However, if you play left handed, it can be a real aggravation as it drifts down onto your strumming hand. :mad5:

I cut a tiny sliver of bamboo from one of those skewers like the ones you would use to grill shrimp on the barbecue. (Now I'm getting hungry.;) ) I pushed it into the hole that the whammy bar fits into and it added enough friction to keep the whammy bar in place.

It has to be small or it won't fit. Plus, too much force could split the plastic and destroy the guitar and that would be bad. :frown2: Little more than a tiny sliver cut using a sharp knife did the job for me. It kept the whammy bar in place for an evening of play.

If you have a better fix for this, share it with us!

-hank

2. Eagles

Eagles WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5207-2685-9420-8549
    5207-2685-9420-8549
    Thanks, I'll have to try that with my old GH3 Guitar. That has the same sagging problem, and it's really annoying I have to say.

3. elopez994

elopez994 Banned

Wii Friend Code: 5313-4870-2774-2717
    5313-4870-2774-2717
    a better way is to put a hair band around the whammy bar into the notch where the strap goes. thats how i fixed my old gh guitar.

4. slockwood

slockwood WiiChat Member

When my spring snapped on my whammy bar, I used rubber bands. I looped them around the whammy bar and around the strap mount. The good thing about this setup is that you can add or subtract rubber bands until it feels just right for you.