GH3 on medium

mrgoblueguy

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2007
Just outside of Detroit.
I just started GH3 on medium and am having a hard time with it. Is it just a matter of practice or do I need to hold it a special way. Should I try playing with one finger on the 4 notes being used or just use 3 fingers? How do you pros do it? Thanks for the help!!!!

Pointer finger on green
Middle finger on red
Ring finger on yellow
Pinky finger on blue

After that it is just practice..

ASHJN said:
Pointer finger on green
Middle finger on red
Ring finger on yellow
Pinky finger on blue

After that it is just practice..
follow that and you should be fine
my dad was doing terrible until i told him that he could hold down the color buttons and just strum when they come, but you probably already know that

Not 3 fingers, 4 fingers as stated above. And it's best to start on easy, then move on to medium. It shouldn't take much practice, as I only played at my friends for less than an hour, and was already acing medium level songs. Although my other friends who had never before played either, were plain horrible. They had difficulties getting through the easy songs (mostly failed), and only after a whole night of practice could they play and get just about 70% on easy.

It's practice.
But good luck going from medium to hard.
You'll soon curse the orange button!

But that's as far as I ever got. Expert.... I won't even dream about it.

PS. Pay attention to hammer-ons and pull-offs. They HELP.

I beat the first on expert...the second I havn't beat on expert, but yes hammer ons and pull offs are the key guitar hero III enlightenment, just practice and remember to give your fingers a rest, the later difficulties are brutal on your hands, mine honestly hurt after a little hardcore playing

Hammer ons and pull offs? What are they?

Might get GH3 for christmas...

I play with 3 fingers because I just plain can't get my pinky to stay on the blue fret. Can't say its easy to play with 3 fingers on 4 frets.
Thinking of still trying to learn to use 4 fingers cos I imagine when I get to all 5 frets ,it will be pretty much impossible to play with 3 fingers.

Do it like my friend does, play it like a keyboard. He sits, puts it on his lap, then plays. Kind of takes the fun ought of it...

JT. said:
Hammer ons and pull offs? What are they?

Might get GH3 for christmas...

hammer ons and pull offs are terms that relate to real guitar playing. I'm personally a drummer so i don't know which is which, but:

one of them allows you to hold down the fret of one below the note you are hitting... for example if you have notes coming up that go red, red, green/red, you can just hold down green AND red for all three notes as if it was a real guitar string.

the other allows you to play a bunch of notes in a row with one strum, as long as they are consecutive. so if you have a bunch of notes coming at you that go up or down the scale (g,r,y,b) you can strum once and just hit the frets. this also works for alternating notes (g,r,g,r,g,r). you really need to get a feel for this before you can do it successfully.

aside from that, it just takes practice. My friend got guitar hero 1 when it first came out. The first time i picked it up i was awful, but in a matter of a couple days i was acing songs on medium and dabbling into hard. Once guitar hero 2 came out, i didn't even try easy or medium, and just blew through the entire game on hard like it was no big thing.

Back