Wii_Smurf

No.1 Smurf
Dec 5, 2006
Manchester
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
So they are now available to pre-order/buy in the UK [Dunno about other places]

But for £44?
I won't be buying one of these I tell you.
£44 is such a rip-off

Link

I got mine for $70aus and that was when GH3 came out... they were really unsure if they were meant to sell it, so maybe she just amde up a price?

I dunno, considering youd only need one extra to rock with mates and its the same price as most of the s*** wii games out there, yet gives you 100x more enjoyment....Easily worth it.
I also wacked on a 'real' guitar strap onto mine makes them feel a lot sturdier and confortable.

I'll be honest, I would have bought it a few months ago. As it stands now though, my friends and I are pretty much bored with all the songs, so I doubt I'll be buying the second guitar now.

They are a complete rip off at $60 here in the US. Why should we have to pay as much for the guitar as those with the other consoles, when pretty much all of the technology is in the separate Wiimote? So, in the end, we end up paying $100 for the guitar (even though I understand that most of us have an exta, but still). They should be $50 at most, but closer to $30-40. They are REALLY taking advantage of Wii owners, and the sad reality is that most people won't care. I probably won't be buying one anyway; I'd rather save my money for whole new games, since they'll be cheaper anyway.

If I ever get a 2nd one, I'll probably go with on of the Nyko ones. They're $10 less and looks WAY nicer.

Any news on other companies using the controller fr their own games? I wouldnt mind some more songs to play, and a few new twists on the GH style.

Deanis said:
Any news on other companies using the controller fr their own games? I wouldnt mind some more songs to play, and a few new twists on the GH style.

There have been rumblings of Rock Band, but who knows. There is some Guitar Hero expansion or something coming out; it has something to do with Aerosmith (I sure wouldn't want to play ALL Aerosmith songs, though). Guitar Hero 4 is also slated to come out sometime in the future (maybe even this year).

Maybe a second controller will have some value then. Activision sure messed up by not releasing separate controllers around launch; now many of the fans are pretty much getting tired of the game and not really wanting a second guitar.

cRaSh115 said:
ToysRus have them for pre-order. At $59.99, I won't be getting it. WAY too much.

WO!

$59:99 is EXACTLY £30:32 in the UK, I keep telling everyone Americans got all the cheap gear, i know people who have bought stuff from America and in one case saved £300 on a product buying it from America rather than UK!

I think nearly everything is cheaper in America than it is in the UK, us British are getting ripped off on everything!

Stupendous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could have sworn that when I went to Best Buy the other day they were $34 US...I'll check.

EDIT: Never mind, 60 bucks... :)

uloseiwin said:
I could have sworn that when I went to Best Buy the other day they were $34 US...I'll check.

EDIT: Never mind, 60 bucks... :)

Your Best Buy has stand alone guitars?

Yup. I didn't notice if they had the Les Paul when I was there (its on the website though), but they definitely had the X-plorer or whatever. That was the one I thought was 34 bucks, but obviously I was looking at the price of something else.

So glad we bought the GHIII 'dual guitar' bonus pack instead for the PS2 for $89 at Target. Corded guitars aren't that bothersome.

uloseiwin said:
Yup. I didn't notice if they had the Les Paul when I was there (its on the website though), but they definitely had the X-plorer or whatever. That was the one I thought was 34 bucks, but obviously I was looking at the price of something else.

Those are for other consoles, not the Wii.

Back