Ghost Squad Announced For Wii

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
[xFLOAT=left]http://www.wiichat.com/news-images/ghost-squad.jpg[/xFLOAT]Sega have today announced that arcade classic Ghost Squad is being developed for the Nintendo Wii.

Here's a little information on the title (scroll down for the screenshots):

The Ghost Squad is a Special Forces unit established in strict secrecy by the U.N. to combat terrorism and carry out special highly-classified missions without leaving a trace. As an elite member of the Ghost Squad, players will complete dangerous missions such as eliminating terrorist groups, releasing hostages, deactivating bombs, and even rescuing the US President when terrorists hijack Air Force One! Using the Wii Remote™, players will utilize revolutionary selectable weapons including a high powered rifle, sub machine and shot gun, or even engage in hand-to-hand combat.

KEY FEATURES:

• 4 gameplay modes – Includes the full arcade version of Ghost Squad, a Multiplayer mode for 1-4 players and more
  • 3 dangerous missions to complete - with multiple levels that increase in difficulty as the player progresses. Players will also unlock a variety of alternate routes, different player choice scenarios, and secret weapons and costumes. Time of day for certain missions can also be effected
  • Alone or with up to three squad mates, players will rescue hostages, apprehend suspects and deactivate bombs as you eliminate terrorist threats around the world
  • 25 different tactical weapons to unlock and use during operations
  • Special assistance devices such as night vision, thermo vision and a flashlight will ensure that the operation is a success
  • One of the first light gun games to make the leap from the arcades to the Wii – using only the Wii Remote

Ghost Squad will use the Wii Remote to allow players easy control of the on-screen targeting of enemies, defusing bombs, and rescuing hostages.

Expected for an early 2008 release.

Attachments

• na_2P_mission1_012.jpg
    na_2P_mission1_012.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 214
  • na_2P_mission1_016.jpg
    na_2P_mission1_016.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 231
  • na_2P_mission1_027.jpg
    na_2P_mission1_027.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 560
  • na_2P_mission1_034.jpg
    na_2P_mission1_034.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 185
  • na_mission1_030.jpg
    na_mission1_030.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 196
  • na_mission1_051.jpg
    na_mission1_051.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 178
  • na_mission1_052.jpg
    na_mission1_052.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 178
  • na_mission1_054.jpg
    na_mission1_054.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 443
  • na_mission1_057.jpg
    na_mission1_057.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 893
  • na_mission1_070.jpg
    na_mission1_070.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 463
I remember playing that in the arcade, the player on the left always got focused by the enemies and died first :D

I'm sure they'll fix that lol I like the bomb it looks lie there is more than just shoot all enemies on screen to advance

w00t, I can finally post in news.

Hopefully this doesn't get the same reception as UC...

" OH noes, Rails=bad game"

I love these kind of light gun games. I got the Time Crisis: Crisis Zone game for Ps2, and it worked out pretty well. But imagine with the Wii, no need for extra accessories such as the GunCon or whatever. Just boot it up and play! I'll get this game, for sure.

Arcade shooters are very fun, usually making me spend 4 dollars in one sitting, its good that their exploring these kinds of games for Wii.

arcade shooters are fun in a very small dose in the arcades. When you play it over and over a few times (4 or 5 times in one sitting) it gets old and you don't want to touch it. This game is the same thing as wii shooting on wii play, except for graphics. Same gameplay when it comes down to it, just slightly more complex and different graphics.

Light gun games got old fast, even virtua cop 1 and 2 on saturn, which are still the best gun games by far.

A must NOT buy.

Back