Gift Giving/New Channel Details

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Nintendo Worldwide President Satoru Iwata has unveiled plans to introduce new functionality to Japanese Wii owners next spring. Although Nintendo did not provide official titles for said functionality, users will gain access to a television schedule channel and have the ability to send downloaded games to friends for free.

The television schedule channel will act as an interactive guide that helps people plan out their TV watching. Whether or not the channel will cost Wii Points is unknown.

Additionally, Wii owners will be able to send downloaded games to their registered friends as free gifts. When the recipient accepts, the Wii Shop Channel will automatically launch and begin the download. "We think this will be a breakthrough in encouraging customers to spread news of fun games word of mouth," Iwata said. "We also hope to spur more users to connect their [Wii consoles] to the Internet."

Iwata did not state if these new functions will become available outside of Japan.

source:
thewiire.com

oh wow i hope this becomes available in the U.S this sounds great, bein able to send and recieve VC games. Nice find....rep for u!:thumbsup:

I doubt the TV schedule thing will leave Japan. I live in Ireland and if Nintendo were to get some one to schedules for small countries like this one and others across Europe it would be a big endevour.

wtf!!:wtf: Gift Giving :lol: very funny nintendo will bankrupt

i think this is a rumor

badboy said:
wtf!!:wtf: Gift Giving :lol: very funny nintendo will bankrupt

i think this is a rumor

lol no mate... you PAY for the game, then send it to a friend who will not have to pay a penny. just like giving a gift. Nintendo still gets money hehe, they arent stupid.

Back