Gift ideas for Dad

spcmanspif

Are Wii having fun yet?
Sep 19, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
My mom recently bought my dad a DS. She got him Brain Age 2 because he's getting older (49) and he wants thinking games that will challenge his mind. Any ideas on a game I can get him for Christmas?

Well, you can always get him Brain Age 1 for extra puzzles, and Big Brain Academy.

Does he like racing games, FPS's, RPG's etc? Then we can suggest more ideas.

Sight Training. :lol:
Just kidding. There are many good games for the DS, but it all depends on what sort of games your dad likes to play.

He's 49 years old and not a hardcore or even mediumcore gamer. This is his first ever video game system that belongs to him. He likes is Brain Age 2 game very much and I'd like to get him something along those lines. Do they have any games like Tetris anymore? He's not going to like sports, RPG, FPS, just really simple yet brain challenging/quizzing type games.

I suggest a game along of the lines of Picross

As a previous poster suggested, touch generations is right up your dads street.

I believe several other games such as a suduko themed one would also benefit and entertain your dad.

Tetris DS is widely available.

Well Tetris DS would be a good idea as it's a good thinking game. IMO it uses the same sorta stuff as an RTS (lol I'm kinda serious). There is a good lot of thinking involved, plus you need the speed if you wanna be good. There's lots of modes, like a touch mode and a puzzle mode where you work stuff out, that your dad might like.

Or a real cool strategy game is Advance Wars: Dual Strike (although AWDS2, will be coming out some time soon, so you might wanna hold off). It's a turn based strategy game where you build units and move them around and attack and stuff.

Those are the two best games I can think of that are for thinking, other than the brain training games of course. Good luck with picking.

manufan15 said:

That was a pointless off topic post.

To answer your question there was a spammer here and his posts got deleted by a member of WiiChats Moderating Team. WMT FTW.

Get him Animal Crossing: Wild World! Great game and easy to play.

Tetris DS would also be a good buy for him (never played it, but I've played a Tetris game before)

EDIT: I love your avatar and sig spcmanspif, i'm a huge fan of Calvin and Hobbes. (it's a comic strip if the rest of you didn't know)

Last edited:
Back