GIMP tutorials

Brawny

Anglophobiphile
Dec 15, 2006
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Wii Online Code
5385-4035-7079-0395
Because the official thread is getting kinda clogged. It worked back then, we can spread it out a little more in here.

Plus, us (3?) need a separate place for GIMP what-have-you's

Mainstay:
Gimptalk.com

New Find:
A $60 book......all free, all legal. This is not advertising

I can't believe I found that place. It's for 1.4, but it still applies to newer version 95%. It's too important to be left lying around in the sticky.

After some questions on where it is actually found, you can find the installer for windows here. You will need the first 2 things, and GAP if you want to animate.

Here's a portable app if you want to run it off a flash usb drive, or live CD

Last edited:
Hey cool thanks. I'm actually starting to try to use Gimp. The sig I have right now i made using gimp. I really don't know anything at the moment so i know it's really crappy.

Brawny said:
glad to hear it, now 4 members I guess. Just don't give up.....

Me, you, bubba go nush and ????

This will be really helpful, good find;)

even tho you already told me about them both:lol:

Cool find. I have never used GIMP before. It has always been Photoshop this and Photoshop that. I think I will give it a try, since it seems to strike up great conversations at the same time. :lol:

well, it's five members + Guests.... Dani99el is the other (best) GIMP user. He's not been on for a while though.

I am downloading the new beta version of The Gimp now, Cool links there Adam. It's useful as I haven't used a proffesional photo editing program properly before,
Lee

i never really use photosjop, i usually do stuff in fireworks and flash, but i have used adobe photoshop elements professional b4

You don't have to resort to GIMP, you know. CS2 can be free if you want it to be Adam. :ihih:

ssbb_lover said:
You don't have to resort to GIMP, you know. CS2 can be free if you want it to be Adam. :ihih:
Thats the best hint that I have heard in a while. "It can be free if you want it to be...". Fantastic. :lol:

Back