Glad We Got Our Wii When We Did

laurie_lu

WiiChat Member
Sep 19, 2007
We bought our Wii in September without any difficulty. I didn't realize how fortunate we really were at the time.

My brother wants a Wii for XMas. So according to the Best Buy add, they were to be getting a minimum of 18 Wiis today on Sunday morning. So today I went to get this for my brother and arrived at Best Buy upon opening time. Well their Wiis were already gone. I was told by the sales associate that there was a huge line of people outside the store and the store was passing out 36 tickets outside for those lucky people to obtain their Wiis.

Amazing how this shortage has been going on for an entire year. Makes me appreciate our Wii even more.

I got my Wii last February without difficulty. Target had got a shipment of them in the morning, and when I went in at 10:30 or so, they still had around 10 left! They're probably popular right now because of the upcoming Christmas season.

When I waited for mine in April, I was first in line.
I waited from last Christmas to April to get one.

I feel for those who will miss out on Christmas, in hopes of playing the Wii like I did last Christmas. At least when they get theirs, they will appreciate it as much as we do.

It'll be tough getting one, thats for sure.

us go mines on Black Fridat i was the 10th in line and Gamestop only had 10 so happy

^yea i just searched him.. and well... he doesnt say anything that makes sense so please report him and..

say good bye spammer!! :ciappa:

Heh, I got mine on launch day. Thank you Toys R Us preorder. :)

This is why you make friends with people who work at the game stores...My friend got a job at Walmart and is going to either call me when they are going to get a shipment in, or try and put one away, then call me.

A little word of advice, check the Sunday paper before the stores open, if they have an ad for a Wii, go there 2+ hours before they open, and you should get one.

You're lucky...I'm still on the search for mine xD.

Undr said:
This is why you make friends with people who work at the game stores...My friend got a job at Walmart and is going to either call me when they are going to get a shipment in, or try and put one away, then call me.

A little word of advice, check the Sunday paper before the stores open, if they have an ad for a Wii, go there 2+ hours before they open, and you should get one.

You're lucky...I'm still on the search for mine xD.

All that info on how to get one, and you're still on the hunt!:lol: :lol:

I'm just playin, good luck one getting one, I got lucky, hope you do too!

our best buy store received a shipment for 180 wiis today but they were all sold out right when they open. there were people who waited in long since 5 and they all received tickets. Will defiantly try again tomorrow. crossing fingers :cool:

I ordered my Wii a week or so before Christmas, last year. I really feel lucky to have ordered when I did, because everyone seems to be Wii-less nowadays.

I got mine on launch thanks to a preorder at GAME. My brothers getting one this Xmas also, it was bloody murder to find, but its safe in my house now. Two Wiis in one house might be a lil overboard...but now I get to play games he buys too, which is awesome.

Hello all. First post...
I bought my Wii last weekend. We checked ever EB Games, and Walmart in Mississauga. No dice. We drove to Markham and got it at Pacific Mall. Only option was modified, so we got that, paid a little bit more, but at least WII got it! :)

Back