Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Godfather Blackhand Edition Is Awesome!!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by afghanballer, Mar 21, 2007.

1. afghanballer

afghanballer WiiChat Member

Seriously this game is the second best game on the wii.

IGN (8.0)
    Gamespot(7.6)'

This game works so well with the wii like fighting and aiming its crazy!!!!

2. Let_It_Burn

Let_It_Burn WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 4265-9989-6310-1490
    4265-9989-6310-1490
    how the controls work?? are you punching like in wii boxe or what?

tell us more about it plz!

3. MasterJedi2U

MasterJedi2U Banned

Wii Friend Code: 5251-2094-6508-9892
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Yeah a mini-review would be nice...

4. dakuda

dakuda WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yes, you punch like in boxing. I just played it for about 45 minutes. Quite fun.

You can grab people by the collar (Z+B), slam them against walls, punch them, hit them with bats/shovels/pool cues, shoot people, throw someone, etc.

Similar to what I remember GTA being -- mission driven, but with side quests that you can choose to take. SO, it is story driven, but not restrictively so.

You can go into shops and 'negotiate' protection. Negotiation can be just a chat, a little roughing up of the merchant, breaking their shop, etc.

There are 4 or 5 sections of the game, each with a family in charge. Basically, you need to maintain control of Little Italy, and try to spread your power base outwards.

I am barely into it, but it is a good time so far.

5. Let_It_Burn

Let_It_Burn WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 4265-9989-6310-1490
    4265-9989-6310-1490
    damn I don't know if I should get it! sounds good but I pre-ordered Medal Of Honor ... I guess I'll wait for this game...

6. spicka

spicka Beastin By Nature!

This sounds good i will get it whenever i get another wii

7. WiiZero

WiiZero Game Wiizard

Wii Friend Code: 5435-9829-5121-8955
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    I assume he meant Wii Remote yeah I guess this will be my next game after SSX Blur then

8. Oplexium

Oplexium to see through or beyond

Wii Friend Code: 8932-3844-2773-7062
    8932-3844-2773-7062
    I've never been interested in sand-box games. But ,from what I have seen, I might get it .

9. RedProdigy

RedProdigy NOD fanatic

I think Godfather Wii is significant. It shows that ports can be great games if you just put time and effort into making good controls.

10. San Dimas

San Dimas WiiChat Member

is the punching like wii-boxing, as in not that responsive?

11. swiper

swiper WiiChat Member

yes i would have to agree. the game is very solid. controls are nice especially when it comes to the shooting part. very easy to control.. 8.5/10 ...would be respectful 9.5 but graphics could be better but meh.

12. FWELR

FWELR Bonds Passes Hank 8/7/07

Wii Friend Code: 5926-3597-6847-7270
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    i think we're going to hear a lot of that on non-exclusive wii games. great use of the wiimote, graphics a little lacking, 8.5/10 when they should be 9.5/10. does anybody out there who was component cables see a noticable difference when playing a game like TP? or is basically the same?

13. The Punisher

The Punisher WiiChat Member

I have component cables and imo the game looks real nice! Not up there with the 360 or PS3, but better than the XBox and PS2 by far.

IGN is exactly right, this game is a crap load of fun! I think of SSX and how playing that with the Wiimote and nun-chuck was a freaking chore, but this game is a snap to control, in fact, controlling it with the Wii controllers makes the game a lot more fun than using a basic controller. You fight by swinging the controllers left right, forward, down, up, side to side, etc. There is a "grab" button that ads even more moves! Once you grab an enemy you can choke him, beat him, slam him against walls or counters, etc.

The cars drive nice too using the Wiimote and nun-chuck as well. I was zipping up and down side streets using the hand brake (c) in no time flat. Interacting with characters, environments, and other items in the game becomes second nature. I really can't explain how happy I am with this purchase.

I'll do a full review in a few days, but if you own a Wii and enjoy fun action games, this is an absolute must.

14. E7ernal

E7ernal Error Getting Statistics

Or not if he sold his Wii for profit and is waiting for more to be in stock (w/o extortionate bundles)

15. nickhopkins

nickhopkins WiiChat Member

sounds like the nuts. Anyone know when its coming out in the UK?

16. Eif87

Eif87 WiiChat Member

I just got this game today and it ROCKS. Seriously, anyone who is able to purchase this game DO SO. You won't regret it. I love the fighting...me and my roommate were playing it earlier tonight, and we were just roaming around, and we stumbled upon a bank being robbed by a rival gang, and cops had surrounded the place and it was total mayhem! Naturally, I ran inside and got into a fight with 3 or 4 gangsters with a baseball bat...let me tell you, I almost actually broke a sweat trying to beat those guys down! The fight lasted a full 3 minutes of non stop beating...:eek: love it. I also like throwing people in front of cars, throwing shop owners through windows, and pushing them over rooftops, followed by a few jabs and a head butt if they're still alive :)

17. drewster2k

drewster2k WiiChat Member

comes out tomorrow here in the uk, ive just ordered it from play.com, so hopefully should have for saturday. i cant wait...

18. GaryT85

GaryT85 Super Gario

holy crap that sounds awesome.

i was laughing at this game thinking it had survived for so many consoles, but now i'll eat my hat.

it sounds like what us wii fans are waiting for, a GOOD game, that has GOOD use of wii controls.

i think i might buy this if its out tomorrow like someone said....(i only got tiger woods yesterday, havent played that yet)

19. ILoveWii

ILoveWii Proud Owner Of A Wii

My local GameCrazy gets everything very quickly after release, and I called them yesterday and they said they had a Godfather Blackhand Edition, so I might go pick it up today.

20. IcedEarth81

IcedEarth81 WiiChat Member

I'm planning on getting this next weekend when I get paid. I love the GTA games and I'm liking the looks of the control scheme.