Godfather Blackhand Edition Is Awesome!!!!

afghanballer

WiiChat Member
Feb 6, 2007
Seriously this game is the second best game on the wii.

IGN (8.0)
Gamespot(7.6)'

This game works so well with the wii like fighting and aiming its crazy!!!!

how the controls work?? are you punching like in wii boxe or what?

tell us more about it plz!

Yes, you punch like in boxing. I just played it for about 45 minutes. Quite fun.

You can grab people by the collar (Z+B), slam them against walls, punch them, hit them with bats/shovels/pool cues, shoot people, throw someone, etc.

Similar to what I remember GTA being -- mission driven, but with side quests that you can choose to take. SO, it is story driven, but not restrictively so.

You can go into shops and 'negotiate' protection. Negotiation can be just a chat, a little roughing up of the merchant, breaking their shop, etc.

There are 4 or 5 sections of the game, each with a family in charge. Basically, you need to maintain control of Little Italy, and try to spread your power base outwards.

I am barely into it, but it is a good time so far.

damn I don't know if I should get it! sounds good but I pre-ordered Medal Of Honor ... I guess I'll wait for this game...

I assume he meant Wii Remote yeah I guess this will be my next game after SSX Blur then

I've never been interested in sand-box games. But ,from what I have seen, I might get it .

I think Godfather Wii is significant. It shows that ports can be great games if you just put time and effort into making good controls.

yes i would have to agree. the game is very solid. controls are nice especially when it comes to the shooting part. very easy to control.. 8.5/10 ...would be respectful 9.5 but graphics could be better but meh.

swiper said:
yes i would have to agree. the game is very solid. controls are nice especially when it comes to the shooting part. very easy to control.. 8.5/10 ...would be respectful 9.5 but graphics could be better but meh.

i think we're going to hear a lot of that on non-exclusive wii games. great use of the wiimote, graphics a little lacking, 8.5/10 when they should be 9.5/10. does anybody out there who was component cables see a noticable difference when playing a game like TP? or is basically the same?

I have component cables and imo the game looks real nice! Not up there with the 360 or PS3, but better than the XBox and PS2 by far.

IGN is exactly right, this game is a crap load of fun! I think of SSX and how playing that with the Wiimote and nun-chuck was a freaking chore, but this game is a snap to control, in fact, controlling it with the Wii controllers makes the game a lot more fun than using a basic controller. You fight by swinging the controllers left right, forward, down, up, side to side, etc. There is a "grab" button that ads even more moves! Once you grab an enemy you can choke him, beat him, slam him against walls or counters, etc.

The cars drive nice too using the Wiimote and nun-chuck as well. I was zipping up and down side streets using the hand brake (c) in no time flat. Interacting with characters, environments, and other items in the game becomes second nature. I really can't explain how happy I am with this purchase.

I'll do a full review in a few days, but if you own a Wii and enjoy fun action games, this is an absolute must.

Back