`GoldenEye 007` rumours return, major revelation expected next week

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
The long and winding road of "GoldenEye 007" rumours looks likely to take another twist and turn next week.

In recent months, stories have circulated that a team at Microsoft had reworked the classic N64 James Bond videogame for Xbox Live Arcade. According to reports, Nintendo nixed the project at the 11th hour over a financial dispute.

Just when the prospect of a re-release of the best-selling 007 game looked unlikley, Xbox World magazine reheats the excitement.

"Next Wednesday, in Xbox World 360, you'll find the first ever shots and definitive hands-on details behind one of this year's biggest stories. Yep, it's the story the whole world wanted, but only we got - and we unleash it next Wednesday in Xbox World 360. Will you be excited? Oh yes. Will you, like us, be just a little bit angry too? Mmmm, maybe. Want to know more? The mystery unfolds - in shops - in seven days time."

The magazine's website has released teaser 'jigsaw pieces' of a screenshot from the game, which someone has collected to form the image below. This is clearly a screenshot from an updated graphics engine showing the first mission from "Goldeneye 007".

i hope thats not true. i want ge64 to be on wii.

linkage

oh god do i hope this turns out to be true. the online petition to get this game uncancled grew in signatures FAST. this is the #1 most wanted retro game of all time. it woud be dumb not to release it.

-Moved to 360 chat because this has more to do with xbox than nintendo

Budo said:
How different people take this news:

Fanboys = :(
Gamers = :)

if u are referring to me than i am sad because i wont get to play it on wii because its the only console i have. why cant ms and ninty share it?

Ok ive played golden dozens of times with freinds and yes just start yellin at me now but what sets goldeneye apart from other fps's?other than it being the first.besides new graphics whats so cool about it.And why is nintendo letting microsoft have one of there games.Im just saying its no diff than cod4.mohh2.or splinter cell (more spyish...)I just didnt think it was all that great.sorry...

tampa2012 said:
Ok ive played golden dozens of times with freinds and yes just start yellin at me now but what sets goldeneye apart from other fps's?other than it being the first.besides new graphics whats so cool about it.And why is nintendo letting microsoft have one of there games.Im just saying its no diff than cod4.mohh2.or splinter cell (more spyish...)I just didnt think it was all that great.sorry...

well i think as u said that its no different than other games so whats the significance? well i think its more symbolic significance. people want it because it was the first fps. both ms and nintendo want it so they can "pwn" each other by saying that they have the game.

Ok

vashivihan said:
well i think as u said that its no different than other games so whats the significance? well i think its more symbolic significance. people want it because it was the first fps. both ms and nintendo want it so they can "pwn" each other by saying that they have the game.
Oh ok never really thought about that....but if everyone thought it was so great then why is nintendo givin it to Mr.gates?

Nice, I remember playing Golden Eye when I was like 5 haha. I'll have to tell my friend to get it on his 360 if they decide to release it.

tampa2012 said:
vashivihan said:

have you two ever hear of Wolfenstien 3D? THAT was the first FPS. goldeneye is great because it was different. it raised the bar for the FPS and set the multiplayer FPS standard. it did for the FPS what Halo did (halo1). it was a fun game when it was made. sure most FPS games are like that now but that doesnt make it boring or unoriginal. it still a very fun game and i for one and really looking forward to it being redone for the 360 (assuming this rumor is true) with online multiplayer

tampa2012 said:
Oh ok never really thought about that....but if everyone thought it was so great then why is nintendo givin it to Mr.gates?

because the company that made it, rare, is now under the controll of ms. nintendo isnt handing it to them.

I personally think Duke3D is better than Goldeneye by a long shot. I played Goldeneye on N64 alot, but no where near as much as Duke3D. Wolfenstein created FPS, Doom improved on FPS and Duke3D perfected it :)

I found Perfect Dark MUCH more fun than Goldeneye.

It had everything that 007 had, and more. More weapons, with secondary fire functions, customizable AI, better graphics, etc.

If not for the fact that Goldeneye was the first title to offer multiplayer death matches on a console it's a mile-marker in the gaming world. But if not for that then I see no reason to even remember the game since (IMHO) perfect dark not only did all goldeneye could do, but more and better.

I might sound like a sad old gamer but here goes.

Goldeneye is an amazing game. What sets it apart from almost every other FPS is the level design which still stands up to this day. Remember crawling through the vent and capping the guy on the toilet? Remember trying to save Natalia while the annoying wench tapped on the computer with enemies coming at you from all angles? Remember launching the spaceship after killing jaws? What about the first time you shot a guard in the arse!

If you've played it right through then you will remember all these and a hundred more little moments that defined the game and set it apart from anything else before it and a whole lot since.

I cheat system is also one of the finest ever implemented - completing the game is one thing but getting all the cheats is another. Facility in under 2:05 on 00 agent is fine example. And the added bonus of a statistic editor meant replay value was near infinite.

While I agree that Perfect Dark had a slightly better multi player (laptop gun!) it was only an extension of what had already been done beautifully in Goldeneye and the single player campaign wasn't nearly as rewarding. Never send a woman to do a mans job...

It also had a million glitches which in any other package would be unforgivable but the quality of the design meant even the glitches were fun.

Did I mention I like this game?

Why is everyone saying that nintendo gave goldeneye to microsoft? did you guys not catch this part:

Oh yes. Will you, like us, be just a little bit angry too? Mmmm, maybe. Want to know more? The mystery unfolds - in shops - in seven days time."

what do you think it is there a little mad about? Nintendo shutting the project down is my bet. . .

Back