Goldeneye like about something topic

pdxMike

a.k.a. SittingDuck
Sep 10, 2012
Portland, OR
Wii Online Code
6353-8215-2245-6499
At the risk of stating the obvious, the main thing I like about this game is that every match is different and presents a new challenge. Every day I play with a new set of players, sometimes familiar, sometimes not.

If I play Outpost as the lone sniper the gameplay is different than when there are two or more snipers. You go from being the hunter to the hunted. Throw in a few folks with proxies and sniper hunting skills and things change further. Sometimes the gameplay of others forces you to change loadouts in order to adapt.

I actually don't mind campers because they can add a fun challenge to the game. When I snipe in the Club I gain an advantage while challenging other players to take me out - which is not that hard. It's a calculated trade-off that I make.

Switching to an atypical loadout and strategy can be surprisingly effective. In Jungle I usually snipe or run and gun. Decided to pull out the shotgun yesterday and stay clear of the open areas and finished in 2nd place.

Anyway, just some random thoughts about why I and possibly many of us keep coming back for more.

I keep coming back for more because I have no other significantly entertaining games for the Wii. :trollface:

I like seeing that I'm progressing (however slowly) at this game. I was messing around with loadouts and played a few days with an AK47 and Sig9; did way better than the last time I had those in a loadout. Good to know that I'm not just doing better because I've unlocked stronger weapons.

There are also those random players and folks on my FL that I frequently run into that I make it a mission to go after in a match. I see that so-and-so is in the lobby and I'm thinking "ok, let's see how many times I can get 'em." Everyone else just becomes an obstacle to navigate past to get at that player.

I keep coming back for more because I have no other significantly entertaining games for the Wii. :trollface:
That makes so much sense. Everytime I enter games, there always seems to be an underdog, a massive troll, & bad or good players to go through. I, usually being the underdog, will sometimes go for some random loadouts, even using pistols in large maps like Jungle, and see where it gets me. Usually the "troll" of the game will ruin the kill streak I may or may not have going, pulling out the proxies or Masterton and kill me, or sometimes I get them with my Vargen I always have around, afterwards switching and grabbing a gun off the ground, then get a couple kills, then one of the lucky "underdogs" get me. Then I might rage from there, grab a grenade launcher, eventually quit. But that does NOT happen on a regular basis. Usually I'm the one running the show. Most of the time...

I love joining either a black box or GE match, finding that some high level isn't playing the objective and only farming, and ruining their day.

I love joining either a black box or GE match, finding that some high level isn't playing the objective and only farming, and ruining their day.

Haha! Yeah...I don't like BB farmers either, but a few of them that I actually know got mad at me for doing that and I got an ear-full before...so i just stopped doing that! They especially hate it when you are on their team - and actually try to do the objective...blow up the box and end the match quickly (without masterton)! :lol:

Something I LIKE to do...and call this what you want...but sometimes I like it when I enter a match (usually conflict) and I come across one of the "usual" spammers who never use anything but prox, tube, and masterton - especially on big maps like outpost, jungle, station... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE... Anyway...I like it when I enter the match mid-way-ish and they are leading or are on a kill streak. If they are 8-0 or more, even better! I'll just search them out and tube them just to break their streak, and then quit back to lobby. Often after tea bag'ing them! :lol: Yesterday, because the game kept putting me back in the same match that was almost 1/2 way over again and again, I actually got to do this 3x to the same person. I won't say who they were...hehe...but they were 11-0 when I entered the match! BOOM! 11-1. Quit. Re-enter. BOOM 13-2. Quit. Re-enter. BOOM! 16-3. Quit. I bet they were pissed! LOL It was the funniest thing! I've actually had players reach out to me online and thank me / appreciate when I've done this. Other players have reacted with a friendly "up-down" during matches, kinda like saying "Thanks! That dumbnut deserved it!" I respond in kind, of course.

It's funny. Those who have been around GE for a while remember a player called <KWAEL> who used to mast/prox EVERY match. He became INfamous for it. He used to be recognized for it because he really was one of the only poor souls that played this way. People didn't do it even if they could because they didn't even want to be compared to him! Nowadays, that just isn't the case. I still enjoyed taking victories off of him anyway, though! Who didn't?!

Side note: If you ever run into me in-game, even in conflict where there are no teams, and give me a friendly "up-down" just to say hi...be sure that if I see it, I'll respond in kind and head the other way. I think it's nice to acknowledge other friendly players! It's really the closest thing we GE'ers have to communication in-game! LOL :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The other day I joined a TC Sewer match. I ran around a corner and stumbled upon 3 players from the other team melee-ing each other. I liked that. Once I stopped laughing, I shot em all. Another thing I like is when I'm playing TC and I come across a teammate who's squatted down in some corner. I like to squat down right in front of them and just sit there for a minute. That amuses me.

I like, when playing TC, to just dance in front of another player who is trying to sniper-camp, just to mess them up and block their view!

Similar to ^ those two, I'll go up and both block the view and melee any teammate who, in black box, decides to stay in one spot sniping when the other team has already moved the box somewhere so my sniper will never see another target unless they move. It's called situational awareness, people!

Not really as useful as some of the posts above, but if you find a rapid fire hackin t00ber on your team you can stand in front of him and fire at the weapon.....he will get a suicide if you do it right. Most gratifying :D

Not really as useful as some of the posts above, but if you find a rapid fire hackin t00ber on your team you can stand in front of him and fire at the weapon.....he will get a suicide if you do it right. Most gratifying :D

Does that really work? WoWiE...guess the next time you are hacking, I need to try to do that to you! lol

Back