goldeneye rumour

Nintendo_Fan_01

WiiChat Member
Mar 25, 2007
Rumour has it that microsoft has agreed to buy the liscensing for goldeneye to allow nintendo to put on the VC if they can put it on the Arcade.

:smilewinkgrin: I am so hoping that this will come true.:yesnod:

im not sure if i can trust u, it is your first post and all. do u have a link or anything?

Fact: Microsoft, and or Nintendo will launch Golden Eye on their classics sections eventually. The question is which system, and when? Both would be great.

Don't get your hopes up just yet. Even if they agree who can put it on their download service, they also have to contact whoever owns the rights to the Bond franchise these days (I think it's probably EA or Activision), and they could say no.

I wouldn't be surprised if a new Bond shooter was released,

The way the rights are held now, this would be very plausible and a very good business move for each console. It would be great if Microsoft and Nintendo could agree to this -- though, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Xbox 360's version of course would add 200 achievement points to it, and maybe online gameplay. The Wii version of course would work on the Wii.

I do not believe that whoever owns the right to the bond franchise decided what happens with it, they didn't own it at the time and that's what really counts. However it wasnt just Rare that made it, Nintendo had a part so even though rare are owned by microsoft that doesn't change the fact that they both have to come to an agreement not one without the other.

If it was so easy for microsoft to have this game on their arcade it would be done by now, they both have some say and i'm not to sure they will ever come to an agreement, but we can hope so.

And the fact that they both own a part why would microsoft pay to have it and let Nintendo have it, this could easily be the other way round?

It seems that there are so many legal issues it would never happen unless; Microsoft, Nintendo, Rare and EA all got together if that were the case I doubt Microsoft could tamper with it I think a remake is your best bet

Back