Goldeneye

otacon138

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Nov 15, 2006
south-west England
Have you heard, Nintendo have announced they are bringing Goldeneye to the Virtual Console sometime soon, with possible online play :eek:
The source is Gamespot, in an interview with Reggie Fils-Aime.

no it says they are trying to get it over, its going to be hard because rare is owned by microsoft

This has been posted several times. Please check the forum search feature before making new threads, in future.

Another thing is, Nintendo has clearly stated many times, the original games will not be modified. AKA NO ONLINE PLAY. And besides, I doubt Rare will give it up.

I think they might....more money for a game that really isn't selling anymore...not bad for Rare...

CoryChevalier said:
I think they might....more money for a game that really isn't selling anymore...not bad for Rare...

But Rare is Microsoft's *****, so if Microsoft throws a fit, which is likely since the big N is thier competition, it won't happen. Just don't get your hopes up, guys.

goldeneye on vc = may happen
Goldeneye online = NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

keep your fantasies to yourself and stop misleading people...

Spitfire_K said:
Another thing is, Nintendo has clearly stated many times, the original games will not be modified. AKA NO ONLINE PLAY. And besides, I doubt Rare will give it up.

But if Rare releases it Nintendo will not have a say in the matter. It also doesn't have to be released on VC Rare could sell it on a CD who knows.

Microsoft may be publishing titles threw Rare for the DS so why not for the Wii? They also published titles for the Gamebiy Advanced so it makes since. Maybe Microsoft sees boosting Nintendo as a way to hurt Sony. This tactic is used a lot, Republicans donate money to the Independent party because they take votes away from the Democrats so why couldn't this work for Microsoft?

Microsoft developing for Nintendo DS - Game Boy Advance News at GameSpot

Last edited:
I love this game, i had to go and buy it the other day for my N64 from a used game store! LOL Too bad i dont have any close friends around here in my new town to play it with anymore:(

You know... I do see this much more likely to show up on Live Arcade than Virtual Console.

If it comes to either, at least I'm set!

Back