Good uses for the internet channel?

Cookman69

Nintendo Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2007
Australia
When i bought the internet channel for my wii it was for two reasons:

1 for the novelty of viewing pages on my wii

2 And sort of for sake of having it (yay its on my wii!)

but really id like to know if it actually has a 'real‘ use...

I mean its good for flash movies, but is there anything real cool that you can do?

(and now ive just realised how painfully slow it is to make a thread but hey, I DID IT ON MY WII WOOOOO):smilewinkgrin:

Nah, I don't think so. Just browsing the internet. :p Well, thats what I know. Some kids here use it for myspace and such. Like, if your parents don't know.. you sneak it by using the Wii Internet. Lol! But, yeah.. I don't do that. I don't have myspace! ♥

Youtube on the big screen. haha. I just use it for regular use such as youtube, email, fantasy football, myspace, etc.

wait wut wuts te internet channel, where do u get it, and how much does it cost?...

500!!!!!!!!!!!

It allows you to view web pages on ur wii via an internet connection.

It was free but now its gunna cost you 500 wii points in the software section off the wii shop.

Im just deciding now whether it was worth it or not.

Last edited:
lol! i`ve ONLY used the wii internet for wiichat. also there are a couple of games you can play on the wii like defend your castle

there are some flash games online that use the wiimote i am not 100% sure what the site name is that has them but a short search on google would answer that for you... i have played a few of them they are kinda fun.

Yeah, people who bought the Wii before July 07, got the Internet for free. :p Now they charge it since uhm, I dunno. Why? Is it because the Wii is availible now? Hmm ..

well it was suppost to be a little reward for those people who bought a wii straight off.
Its ok, if you've got a few mates round and you want to listen to the thundercats or smurfs theme tune without much faffing around its brilliant. I'll warn you now though, its a much slower download than your pc is (no matter what your connection) as the wii's memory is slower at saving and processing data than a pc's.

Wiicade.com for flash games.
Youtube
Wiitube
2nd Computer online when The other is occupied
I'm ready for another Opera upgrade to open more of the Internet to the Wii

I used to use internet channel when I was playing Zelda. When I got stuck for like an hour, and I was too lazy to get up and turn my desktop computer on and serach, I used internet channel.
I only did that for like twice. Other than that, no use.

Back