Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Good Wii Deal???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by airguardim, Oct 2, 2007.

1. airguardim

airguardim Wii Wannabe

2. timewasted

timewasted WiiChat Member

Well the unit is 250, an extra controller and nunchuck is 60, the games are 50 each. So 260+250 = 510. that deal is 538 plus. If you buy online, you can skip taxes, so they would make up some difference. I wouldn't say it is a good deal, unless I missed something

• Like Like x 1
  3. [DT]

[DT] Gearhead Surf Coder

The package also includes an accessory from a list - so just to plug in something like the Classic Controller for $20, brings the total up to (using your math) $530-ish. Pretty close to the MSRP total of all the items.

No tax, but shipping (with an estimated 25 lbs?!).

I just sort of hate being forced into too many package items, but in general I'd say anything at MSRP is decent.

4. airguardim

airguardim Wii Wannabe

Shipping is $40. Total price will be around $613 because there is tax. $34.71 worth of tax.

#4 airguardim, Oct 2, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  5. [DT]

[DT] Gearhead Surf Coder

Jeez, that seems a little steep to me, especially factoring in having to buy 3 games in addition to the included MP8 (though it is a terrific game).

The wifey and I were never in a had-to-have mode, so we just waited on a system only or minimal bundle (we got ours from Circuit City: system, extra controller, extra 'chuck + 1 game of our choice [we chose MP8]) - it also had free shipping. Yeah, I just looked back at our receipt and it was $381.56 to the door.

Er, but I don't want to be a party pooper, I mean, it's probably only going to get worse the closer we get to Christmas.

That bundle DOES offer pretty much every game as your pick three which is cool (vs. some limited, poor choices) - I'd do Metroid, Zelda and Paper Mario :D

~DT

6. KrisKhaos

KrisKhaos Retro Gamer

Wii Friend Code: 2328-3260-7811-1534
    2328-3260-7811-1534
    I agree. It's not a "good deal" but seems to be a decent bundle at the least. Even though timewasted forgot to add in $20 for the choice option of a classic controller/choice of cables/other misc crap.

If you are having trouble finding a Wii and planning on buying all the stuff offered, and they can guarantee availability plus fast shipping to the store it's not horrible. :)

EDIT: [DT], if you have them ship it to a local store the shipping is free. :)

7. haloagain

haloagain WiiChat Member

I think that's a really expensive bundle. No reason to get it. Wiis have been coming in stock online at a regular pace (once in a week or two) so if you subscribe to alerts from sites like http://wiialerts.com . itrackr.com is more of a hit or miss for local stores based on my experience.

Just make sure you can get the email notification (like yahoo messenger or something), or better still, forward to your cellphone and then login when you get an alert.

I got 2 last week. I'm going to get a couple more when they come back in stock next time for a couple cousins.

8. airguardim

airguardim Wii Wannabe

Oh thanks for that web site. I was so close to purchasing that bundle while working today, but I'm glad I showed patience and posted this topic. Seems like I would have been spending more money than I should.

9. [DT]

[DT] Gearhead Surf Coder

I covered that - see above :yesnod:

Oh yeah? Good call! :thumbsup:

10. Chewtoy

Chewtoy WiiChat Member

Yeah, I agree that is not a good price. Not where I'm at any way. We always have Wii's in stock, and alot of those games are selling for $40 or less here also. Plus AK has no sales tax either so that is not an issue either.

11. haloagain

haloagain WiiChat Member

you're welcome. I can't believe you were thinking of buying that expensive bundle. So many of my friends were just running around the stores trying to find them locally, while I think people who know of sites like http://wiialerts.com were just getting these alerts and buying as many as they could without lifting a finger.

No wonder, as soon as I got the alert last week, I went to buy and they were right there on amazon. I got a couple. Few minutes later all were gone.

12. Jimmer1720

Jimmer1720 Awating Headset Support

Keepin' it short, not a good deal, not a bad deal, it's not a deal at all. It's almost the actual total if you add up the items.

13. zapasant

zapasant Where is your god now?

Wii Friend Code: 2887-9874-6238-6951
    2887-9874-6238-6951
    Its Not That Great

14. dark samus

dark samus come to the dark side....

Wii Friend Code: 7159-9733-2785-0220
    7159-9733-2785-0220
    you could get wiis for $400 and get a free game or controller with it from target or kmart easy, although the games that come with are crap eg. ratatoille (i think thats how you spell it)

15. airguardim

airguardim Wii Wannabe

Ugh, I definitely don't want Ratatoille. I hate that rat and everything it stands for. I despise its very existence.

16. Nintendo93

Nintendo93 Playin' Zack & Wiki

Wii Friend Code: 5431-1607-7668-3461
    5431-1607-7668-3461
    At least it's actually in stock.

17. Dark Wolf

Dark Wolf Wii Wannabe

Wii Friend Code: 1176-2102-2777-2932
    1176-2102-2777-2932
    Very true. Although it wouldn't surprise me if I ordered it and then got an invoice stating that the system is on backorder and the games show up instead.

18. jwm2

jwm2 WiiChat Member

Alot of the shopkos around here have them instock. I was able to pick one up a month or so after launch with no problems, they even had several extras. But anyhow i'd avoid any bundle deal unless you were planning on picking up all that stuff at the time of purchase anyways, but something tells me the only reason you are considering it is because they have stock.

19. twigs232

twigs232 WiiChat Member

I wouldn't bother, you can buy the console bundle for $250. Usually someone is having them every couple of weeks. I would wait if I were you.