Got an R4DS, So Happy!

pm. Doesnt hurt. =) Also, Thing is there are children reading and watching here. I wouldnt like it if anyone saw those things from that site.

Thanks for postin that gpoleweski, i have been lookingh on the net for a while for a place to buy this and i jsut couldnt find one, so once again, cheers

Also with that site gpoleqeski, if you brought yours from there, do you need to pay with a credit card or anything like that or can you do it through online banking?

Last edited:
wii_cammy said:
hey is r4 reigion locked ppl
No it is not. Its the hardware that is usually region locked and Nintendo's portable systems have never been region locked.

emms92 said:
does the moonshine app load games too? or is it just vids and music. and can someone tell me how to load ROMs...not download...just make them work on there
Only video and music. I made a ROMS folder in the root of the memory card and placed all games in there.

Adamquest64 said:
What does homebrew mean? could it be used to make your own games like in RPG Maker for PS1 or anything?
Google what homebrew means.

bobdingley said:
Sweet, is it sold anywhere in Australia or is it only from online sites...if so i need to convince my dad to buying it for me cos i am not 18 yet and dont have a credit card so thats kinda a let down
Online only. I have a list of sellers that ship worldwide and are reputible sellers.

Last edited by a moderator:
dcemurevies... Please read the rules.. Dont quad post! Your just looking for someone to slap a ban on you. You guys really need to start reading the rules! Edit. Most lilkely your going to get banned. lol I've never seen a quad post before.

Darkonix said:
dcemurevies... Please read the rules.. Dont quad post! Your just looking for someone to slap a ban on you. You guys really need to start reading the rules! Edit. Most lilkely your going to get banned. lol I've never seen a quad post before.
Well there is no way for me to put all those replies into one quote unless I have to go through each one and copy and paste then edit the original post.

dcemureviews said:
Well there is no way for me to put all those replies into one quote unless I have to go through each one and copy and paste then edit the original post.

That's what I did, look some posts back... it's not too hard.

bobdingley said:
Thanks for postin that gpoleweski, i have been lookingh on the net for a while for a place to buy this and i jsut couldnt find one, so once again, cheers

Also with that site gpoleqeski, if you brought yours from there, do you need to pay with a credit card or anything like that or can you do it through online banking?

If you already have an online bank account that's easy, but if you don't I think the only way to get it is if you have a keycard because all your details and stuff is on that. B-Pay is what it is so I'm not completly sure about it.

P.S I haven't bought one yet but I'm going to it 2 weeks or so. Gotta get exams out of the way, plus my parents don't know I have a DS, so I might have to buy it when I go to Queensland, when only my bro is home. (he knows)

Last edited:
yeah i know what you mean, in Yr11 and my parents know that i have got a DS but if i brought the R4DS i jsut wouldnt put it down and get so distracted whilst trying to 'study'

And when you say taht if you already have an online bank thats easy, does that mean you can pay just by using your online bank account?

anyway, thanks again

bobdingley said:
yeah i know what you mean, in Yr11 and my parents know that i have got a DS but if i brought the R4DS i jsut wouldnt put it down and get so distracted whilst trying to 'study'

And when you say taht if you already have an online bank thats easy, does that mean you can pay just by using your online bank account?

anyway, thanks again

Yeah because you just give them thenumber and then you order it, I'm pretty sure that's how it works. But last 2 impotant exams are tomorrow so, I'll look further into it on the weekend. Sorry about not giving info in detail but when I get it I'll tell all.

So Dcemureviews, you told me to google homebrew and I did. I spent a few minutes surfing around trying to get a grasp of it, I think I even came across your site. So it does mean making your own games? I would love to try it, but I have a feeling one has to be good with computers to do it, and I'm not very good.

A couple more questions for anyone who can answer them: Is the R4 kinda the same as the Supercard? Also, when you make the games, do you make them from your DS or from a PC?

Back