Got my "ebay" wii and did the sensor hack! Great results!

I was in best buy the other day and they had the Nyco wireless sensor bar for 19.99. Just a thought for all of those thinking of spending the time, effort and money on the DIY project. Of course I understand the sense of accomplishment and sheer fun of making it yourself.

Congrats on the new wii and the homemade sensor bar!

Ok...

Here is where it's mounted, on the center channel:
sensorbar1.jpg

Here is a pick of the box with the switch and battery and resistor inside:
sensorbar2.jpg

And here is a pic of my about 20 feet from the screen where it still works past (it's going up stairs):
sensorbar3.jpg

I'm not going to open the box, though. That's top secret. :)

Ya, it works great for us! Only 92", but back when I did it, that was big. :) Not sure I'd want much bigger.

The cool thing is now, I play wii boxing after my weights for cardio. :) WAY more fun that jogging a couple miles.. lol! Then I bowl a few games for a cool down.. lol

LOL! Funny story.

That sofa we happen to find at a local furniture store. I think it was $140 we paid for it (brand new). It was a special order that someone decided they didn't want.

We sat it in, and it is the most comfortable sofa we have! And we have some nice sets!

I immediatly asked if they had any more.. nope.. so we just bought the one. A slip cover makes it look nicer. People always say it's so ugly, then we sit down to watch a movie and they're like "WOW! This thing IS comfortable!"

LOL... I don't sit playing Wii now anyhow... But I have a prediction I will have bursitis of the right shoulder from all the bowling I'm doing.. lol...

As far as $$ on the kit.. price it out. I got a great deal. :) And no sales tax! And everything I wanted (minus Zelda). Anyone wanna buy Zelda? $30 shipped paypal. :)

Back