Got my wii yesterday!

aer0sense

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2006
Toronto, Canada
Wii Online Code
2597-7255-1945-8246
I got it yesterday! 4th day of release, no pre-order or anything :thumbsup:.

Went to the mall, first went to EB Games, clearly it was sold out and they werent getting any till next week. So I was walking around and decided to go to The Source by Circuit City, and asked them which video game consoles they carried. The sales guy was like Playstation 2 and Nintendo *pause* Wii. I thought he was going to say Gamecube!

I was like really? Do you have any? He said he thinks so. He checked and they had 1! They had just received a shipment of three of them. 2 were pre-orders and 1 was for sale, I bought it right away :D :D .

Went back to EB Games store just to piss the guy off and said I bought it. There were people who came in at the same time as me asking about Wii. I was like I just got mine...they all turned to look at me...at The source I said. They all ran out of the store...Hilarious :)

Came home, updated it and all - works great and I suppose I was really lucky to be at the right place at the right time.

P.S - Toronto, Canada

Last edited:
Well make sure you check out the other great games that are available!

Rayman Raving Rabbids is worth checking out
Red Steel is fun, but its challenging controls can be a tedious process to learn.
Excite Truck is totally great, once the controls become second nature you find yourself very immersed in this intense racer!
Zelda: Twilight Princes...need I even mention?

These are all the games I purchased when I got my Wii, so I can offer you that advice ;)

Well I got my gamecube games for now, though I want to buy Zelda but its sold out everywhere. Plus Marvell Ultimate Alliance is hard to find. Ill see if I can find 2000 points Card today so I can buy Super Mario bros. - its a classic :ee5k

Napalmbrain said:
Congrats man, I thought everywhere would have sold out by now. :thumbsup:
What games did you get?

They are sold out, it was just one of those random shipments, out of 3, 2 were pre-orders and they had 1 to sell which I luckily got. The manager told me they had gotten it like 10 minutes ago.

Last edited:
yea got mine on black friday. Went to a gamestop that only had 7 available, and I was like 15th on line. So I was pissed. The I decided to go to another gamestop close by, but at a poor location, and there were only 4 or 5 people on line. I waited on that line for a little over an hour and the guy said there were only 10 wiis availabe. I was number 6 on the line. So I was pretty lucky.

Bought mine about 5 hours ago

Had heard rumor of Best Buy getting them in, but wasn't sure. Then this morning, the web-released ad for this week said that the BB's would be getting a minimum of 12 per store. So, got 3 hours of sleep, caught the bus on down. 1 1/2 before the opening at 10, there was a line. As soon as I got in line, an employee came out reporting they only had 30 available, and would be giving tickets to those in line to purchase. I kept hearing on and off for the next 45 minutes that there were 36 people in line (I myself being #35), but I wasn't wavering. So, I did what I usually do to make a positive outlook-I thought negatively. Though I was talking with a guy in front of me (his girlfriend with him was going to purchase a Wii to sell on eBay), and his listening to me playing my friend's system and wanting to purchase one for my own, he told his GF to let me have her upcoming ticket. So, I got ticket #29 and thanked them.

Finally, after 1 hour, we were let in, to a small assortment of games, and accessories- though no spare Wiimotes or Nunchucks, and the point cards were gone. Contemplated buying Twilight Princess, but I just started my new job (which will help to pay for this 'impulse buy'), and figured give my job a few weeks before delving into a game that will zap my will to socialize. So, made it out of there with just the system (Wii sports is enough for now), and checked three more stores for any accessories. Zilch.

Now I just need a USB cable to hook into the net. And hopefully soon, the Virtual Console will have Earthbound.

Back