Got the Router

Is it wireless? Did you configure it and set up SSID broadcasting?

yup it's wireless! and how do you configure what u just said

thanks but my problem isthat i plued the router in how do i know it works??

Wiifan07 said:
thanks but my problem isthat i plued the router in how do i know it works??

You make it sound like all you've done is plug it into the wall, have you even read the manual for your router?

Sigh.

gee i'm sorry when u turn on the router the power and satus and wan walan lights comes on and the local networks lights doesn't

If modem is ethernet or usb, plug that cord into the routers internet port. Then run the disk that the dlink came with. (you might need to call in for help to their tech support people)

after all that is done, your wii should find the connection

Please don't set the SSID for broadcast!! That just lets everyone who drives by know that you have a router and they'll try to access your home network.

Read the manual on the CD and learn how to secure it. Then MANUALLY set the SSID, WPA-PSK on the Wii and put it's (and any wireless computers you have) MAC address on the router.

That way no one else will get access.

Skooma said:
Pfft, WEP it, it'll be fine.
LMFAO are you serious? Anyone with a live linux distro can crack WEP is less than 10 minutes. Once you are into the network you are able to access the router itself and shared files etc. You should use the highest encryption that is available on your router (likely to be some variant of WPA) and disable SSID broadcasting, like strommsarnac said. Also set up MAC address filtering on the router. Google this stuff if you don't understand it, but you really should if you are setting up your own wifi network.

Skooma said:
Your paraniod :wink:
Yesm I sure am :p But I am also one of the people who will crack your wifi if you don't secure it and I'm out with my laptop or PSP :p

Back