Got The Wii @ 8 This Morning... Questions...

get wiiplay it comes with a wiimote and a bunch of 2player games

one player games 2 get
zelda metroid galaxy
medal of honor if ur old enough
mario strikers charged is fun

for multiplayer games theres so many depending what u like
take a walk by the whole wii section at blockbuster or bestbuy
n then look through forums for that game being disscussions

First and foremost, congratulations and welcome to the family :)

As far as games other than Galaxy, I'd say must haves would include Zelda: Twilight Princess for sure, after that, it's all preference to genre. I'd also pickup a classic controller for VC games, other than that, sounds like you're set! An extra nunchuck wouldn't hurt either if you've got multiple people playing certain games.

Congrats and have fun!

With the games you have you only need to buy 2 more Wii Remotes and one more Wii Nunchuk.

So the games you currently have are WiiSports and WiiPlay. The only WiiSports game to use the nunchuk is boxing. All other WiiSports games and all WiiPlay games do not require the nunchuk. However, the boxing game is one of the best WiiSports games. Get a second nunchuk. Most of these games allow either 4 players simultaneously or via rotation (like golf), so it might be a good idea to get more wiimotes (2 more of these).

Above are mentioned many of the excellent single player games including what are generally considered the Wii's AAA titles:

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy (does have minor multiplayer option)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

But I suspect with 6 people in your family, you might want to steer towards "local" multiplayer (for example, Medal of Honor Heroes 2 has online *only* multiplayer and may not be as good of an idea). Most of these tend to fit into the party game category like:

Warioware: Smooth Moves
Mario Party 8
etc.

I *believe* Ghost Squad does local multiplayer, but oviously is not a party game. I also know that Guitar Hero 3 will allow local multiplayer but a) you would really need a second guitar b) I don't think you can yet buy a second guitar without buying the game again (coming soon though) c) the game is very popular so you may have issues finding it.

I would personally suggest: a) get 2 more wiimotes b) have your dad reserve Super Smash Brothers Brawl (www.smashbros.com) c) go to someplace like metacritic.com to find the aggregated game scores, then find some games you might like with good scores and see if they require a nunchuk or not.

I know a lot of people have said Mario Party. My gf bought that a few weeks ago, and it's been collecting dust. Both of us found it way too slow to be enjoyable. But maybe we're just weird lol. I definately reccomend the Wii Zapper with Links Crossbow training though. And Mario Galaxy of course.

This is probably the best forum I've ever been on. Everyone is so helpful. Only one more week and I can start playing. It's hard for a 19 year old to know there is a Nintendo Wii in the living room, but I can't touch it. :sick:

Thanks
Shaun:aureola:

As far as single player games go.
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (T)
-Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (M)
-Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2 (T) (First to have 32 Online Multi-player on Wii)
-Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (T)
-Zack & Wiki (E)

That's what I recommend, anyways.

AtomicB said:
As far as single player games go.
-Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (T)
-Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (M)
-Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2 (T) (First to have 32 Online Multi-player on Wii)
-Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (T)
-Zack & Wiki (E)

That's what I recommend, anyways.

While MoH may have an adequate single player and I do believe it should be recomended as a multiplayer experience as the single isn't the same breath taking feelings you feel from MP3; Corruption and Zelda etc.

Back