gotta wiiiiii issue!!!

gonzales99

WiiChat Member
Mar 26, 2008
Alright, so I bought a japanese wii and I got a chip installed that allowed it to play pirated games. Then I bought a couple games from the US which worked with no problem on my wii. But, when I bought super smash bros off amazon and put it into the console today, my wii couldn't read the disk. Any suggestions on what I should do? Do you think the game is a store defect or sometihng? idk...

I think Brawl has a mod detecting program. If it finds a mod, it disables the wii. I'm sorry, but you're screwd.

ahhh!
nooo that isn't good.
Meh, I'll see if I can land a pirated one mwahahaha.

There is 2 possible theories about ur DIsk loading problem
1. Nintendo is smart company.
They knew most of Wii owners will buy Super smash brothers Brawl, so they put some hidden stuff in Brawl CD that detects modded wii(unless ur modded wii is super hidden, which i doubt it is xD), that forces u to send it to nintendo to get repaired for 75 bucks(because ur wii is modded so its penalty)
2. when ur mod ur wii, there is a chance that can ruin ur lens(dirty). we all know that brawl is really sensitive and clean freak CD. So small amount of dust on ur lens can screw up ur Brawl to load.

I believe Brawl is one of those games which came with an anti-piracy update on the disc. I'm not sure though, all I know is that the update enables the Wii to read the dual-layer disc.

Live and learn.

- Don't buy modded Wiis
- Don't mod your Wii
- Don't steal games

See if you can pay someone to remove the mod. Otherwise, go buy a legit Wii.

Actually i believe that its something totally different. Brawl is the first double layered game for the wii. And it has been stated all around the web that because of this some Wii's lasers have trouble reading it, It can be fixed if you send both the Wii and the game to Nintendo, They clean the laser and check the disc runs fine. Although you may have a problem with this considering your console is modified.

In NO WAY do I condone pirated games, but I read online that some people have been able to burn SSBB on a black-sided dual layer disc and get the game to actually work.

^^^ He said he bought the game off amazon so i don't think it was burnt. My post is correct and if you don't beleive me go listen to the Wiispot podcast. They talk about it in there latest show.

Back