Grand Theft Auto on Wii

If they ported San Andreas to the wii and it was $30 I would probably buy it.

That said seeing as they are spending all this dev time on the GTA4 engine they will milk the engine for a couple more games. Only after they've released a couple sequels to GTA4 will they consider a wii version I would say. I'm not sure how manhunt and bully sales went. But I highly doubt they will be good enough to convince rockstar to make a wii version.

OVER TO THE FINANCIAL SIDE OF THINGS

~Im sure parents want their kids playing a game where you can pick up a ho, do your business, and then beat her with a baseball bat to get your money back, and afterwards you do it again just for kicks
If that were a factor there wouldn't be ANY good games left to play much less GTA...:yikes:
I think GTA with controls similar to Godfather would be pretty kick ass, but yeah we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

T3kNi9e said:
Because Wii remote controls are not that special to warrant a port of an old game. I have no idea why they even did a Bully port, I think they wanted to do a updated version for the 360 and decided to go ahead and do it for the Wii but with the old graphics. Just play the original... it's not like PS2 is over, they're still selling it.

I highly beg to differ that.

RE4 was plenty fun on the Wii.
Killer 7 would be damn good on the Wii too.
And despite owning a PS2, I await Okami on the Wii.

Sure you'll get the gimped games that have features docked, ie Table Tennis, but they're still FUN and most of the quality ones WORK.

That being said, we all know GTA4 on the Wii wouldn't warrant a purchase. And you know this as you've so rudely stated.
So you're saying that you wouldn't buy an original GTA game with better than PS2 style graphics that comes to the Wii only?

If it does happen, it'd be like GTA Advance.
Rockstar obviously likes the Wii; they've put out three games on it already. But I'm not sure if they're willing to take a step back in their GTA plans to do it. The PSP titles were different: they already had a relationship with Sony. Them developing for Nintendo is still relatively new.

Last edited:
Band geek said:
Isn't that cute, a statement of ignorance. Oklahoma fan, perhaps? :lol:

Nope. I'm a fan of the other team that fell asleep at the wheel: Georgia. I am sort of glad it happened though. Our defensive coordinator actually watches game film now and tries to adjust his defense to the opponent's offense. He even blitzes on occasion these days. Georgia largely has its loss to WVU to thank for that. That late-50's-Howell-Landry Umbrella Defense has really stood the test of time but it's not something a team should use on every play against every team.

As far as ignorance, I just know what I hear from a buddy of mine who grew up in West Virginia. I ask him about couch fires and he says he's seen WV fans burn all sorts of odd things so I just assume it's happened.

Dorkfish said:
Hmm...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To put it simply, No.

~I think it might be close to IMPOSSIBLE to port a game like GTAIV from a console with teh awesomez graphix to a console with moving pictures drawn with crayons for graphics (it doesn't even get the x in it so yah). Plus, im sure that the current engine used in the game wont even work on the Wii.

show me your so called "moving pictures drawn with crayon" graphics

~Do you know how much they would have to take out of the game so it would fit on THREE DISKS???

who said it has to be gta4. older games fit on ps2. wii has dual layer.

~Crappy online play=YELLOW SPHINCTER

why need online play for a game where u can do millions of stuff in single player?

~The controls would just suck, even if they were opted for the GC or Classic controller. I just cant see myself playing GTA with a GC controller, ever.

have u even played godfather game on wii?

OVER TO THE FINANCIAL SIDE OF THINGS

~Im sure parents want their kids playing a game where you can pick up a ho, do your business, and then beat her with a baseball bat to get your money back, and afterwards you do it again just for kicks

What's funny to me is the fact that many of you still assume the Wii is owned by children. I am 29, and I easily know 15 people in their upper-20s and early-30s that own the Wii.

Back on December 16th, 2007, Nintendo actually said that the average age of Wii owners was 29 years old.

hal2814 said:
Nope. I'm a fan of the other team that fell asleep at the wheel: Georgia. I am sort of glad it happened though. Our defensive coordinator actually watches game film now and tries to adjust his defense to the opponent's offense. He even blitzes on occasion these days. Georgia largely has its loss to WVU to thank for that. That late-50's-Howell-Landry Umbrella Defense has really stood the test of time but it's not something a team should use on every play against every team.

As far as ignorance, I just know what I hear from a buddy of mine who grew up in West Virginia. I ask him about couch fires and he says he's seen WV fans burn all sorts of odd things so I just assume it's happened.

That Sugar Bowl was a great game. The Dawgs have gotten better, and could be looking at a preseason #1 ranking (I think UGA deserves it more than USC). And yeah, it gets crazy after big games. The couch-burning is typically saved for huge wins that define the program. That '05-'06 Sugar Bowl is an example. Not only was it WVU's first venture into the BCS, but it was a chance to save the automatic berth for the Big East. It isn't restricted to football, though. There was a HUGE celebration/riot when the basketball team went to the Elite 8 to play Louisville a few years back. Cars were set aflame, people got expelled, etc. Unfortunately, the city of Morgantown is cracking down on the couch burning. $1,500 fine and some time for a first offense.

...*ahem* Grand Theft Auto would be awesome on the Wii... :scared:

I would not mind if they port the Xbox(better graphics) version of Vice City to Wii and waggle to the game. It would be funny to virtually club gangsters.

ckeegan said:
What's funny to me is the fact that many of you still assume the Wii is owned by children. I am 29, and I easily know 15 people in their upper-20s and early-30s that own the Wii.

Back on December 16th, 2007, Nintendo actually said that the average age of Wii owners was 29 years old.

Im pretty sure R* wouldn't like it if only sixteen people bought GTAWii.

Yeah, the average age... in Japan, where this kind of stuff is waaaaay popular with Hardcore gamers? There is a big difference between American and Japanese hardcore gamers.

Exactly, Resident Evil... How many times has Capcom remade old RE games? Hell they're porting RE2 to Wii in Japan. Capcom loves porting there RE games. Also, I could have lived without a Wii port, it's not like it made the game better. Hell alot of people say the Gamecube version is better because Wii mote makes it really easy.

Dorkfish said:
Im pretty sure R* wouldn't like it if only sixteen people bought GTAWii.

Yeah, the average age... in Japan, where this kind of stuff is waaaaay popular with Hardcore gamers? There is a big difference between American and Japanese hardcore gamers.
Well, considering that as of the end of 2007, the Wii had sold 77% more units in the "Americas" than they had in Japan, I would have to say that the math doesn't support your response.

Then again, I guess if the average Wii owner in the US was 8, and the average age of a Wii owner in Japan was over 50, then I guess your answer makes sense. Actually, once you weight the average, the average Wii owner in Japan would have to be about 80 years old.

Last edited:
T3kNi9e said:
Exactly, Resident Evil... How many times has Capcom remade old RE games? Hell they're porting RE2 to Wii in Japan. Capcom loves porting there RE games. Also, I could have lived without a Wii port, it's not like it made the game better. Hell alot of people say the Gamecube version is better because Wii mote makes it really easy.

whoa there, trhey are making resident evil 0 not 2. also re4wii version didnt just have waggles, it also had extra content from ps2 version, making it the complete package for resident evil 4.

ckeegan said:

Same here. I'm 23 and everyone I know who owns a wii is either my age or older.

T3kNi9e said:
Because Wii remote controls are not that special to warrant a port of an old game. I have no idea why they even did a Bully port, I think they wanted to do a updated version for the 360 and decided to go ahead and do it for the Wii but with the old graphics. Just play the original... it's not like PS2 is over, they're still selling it.

You have no idea?? Here's a hint: $$$$$

Bully's best version is the Wii's though. 360's achievements were fun to get, but here's an example where the Wii controls warranted the port. That and the above mentioned $$$$$$$$$$$

Bring on GTA. Half the wii library is PS2 ports anyway, why not make some more quick cash Rockstar, and let me play some GTA with the wiimote. I haven't played those 'stories' games, package them together and slap some motion control on there, I'd be happy.

Back