Graphic Tablet?

surfinrach90

I GOT A JAR OF DIRT.
Dec 27, 2006
After the workshop that I went to today I've finally decided I'm going to get a graphic tablet (I've been considering it for a while).

What I'm wondering is have any of you got one and which one do you reccomend I get?

So far I'm swaying towards this - Linkage because omg rawr it's sexy.

Or this - Le Linkage because it's nice and cheap.

I prefer the first one out of looks but I'd have to wait until after x-mas for that which I don't mind that much, but I could get the second one like next week if I decided to get that one. So what do you recon, one of those or get something totally different?

Ohh and looking around for photoshop, what you make of this site - Linkage Would they actually sell photoshop for £55?

I could never get on with mine (forgot the make but it was a bloody expensive A3 one) hopefully you can. I just use a good quality mouse now.

i had one made by wacom..it was made very good, the guy in store told me they were the first brands to make a tablet, so ithought they were the best. it was very hard to get used to but it was damn fun lol they really came down in price.i payed over $120 for mine..i like the trust tb-4200 in the second link, its wireless and i like the grey better than the white because i used to put my sketches on top of the drawing space and it'd have pencil smudges all over :/ im not sure if you do this, but its a very useful technique sometimes.hope this helps :)

Sadly i will never have a tablet since my computer only has TWO usb slots and ones for my mouse while the other is my internet. and one without the other is pretty useless.

Wacom is the big dawg in the tablet game. You will pay a bit more for it but in the end I think it will be worth it. I don't have one yet but I too plan on grabbing the Bamboo Fun Medium.

YAY for the one I got from asda (£21)
Cheap and fun

They take a bit of geting used to (not looking where your drawing is hard)
Im using it with The Gimp and its class how it acts like a real pencil (the harder you press the darker it gets)

(This pic makes me want to get another satsuma)

Last edited:
I got a Wacom Intuos over the weekend. I love it, but it was really expensive.

Haha, i'm gonna get the Wacom Bamboo Fun 6" x 9" at Christmas (I would get an A4 Intuos but seriously, i have already gotten like $1060 from an income of $10 a week ((Hey, im 13, what do u expect lol)) so i don't think i could save any more -.- (((X-Mas really drains u lol!)))) But yeh...

Yeah! Tablets are great, but they take awhile getting used to. I would recommend using the stylus part instead of the mouse for about a week so you get the feel for it, even when you are just browsing and stuff. Of course, it doesn't really work that well in online games. :p

Even for people who aren't really as great at drawing, tablets are useful for many different kinds of... Stuff.

Yeh i just ordered a Intuos3 for animating and drawing and it was darn expensive even with student discount. I will post with my results when I recieve it for Christmas

Great, i would love to see them! My mum says i can get a job when I'm 15 -.-... But i really cant wait for ma tablet! I love graphic design (I do a lot of drawings that u guys don't see) and i would FINALLY be able to color my pictures and use pressure well (Pencils are quite hard to use with pressure because even if u press really hard you don't get black -.-)... There should be a thread about tablet drawings and creations! Ah well.. Im also in Bali now with like 5 days left (OMG so dizzy from constantly surfing and i went diving 2day ^.^) so i cant use any photo editing programs....

Back