Graphics - How good are they?

Jabba

WiiChat Member
Sep 3, 2006
Well, as the title says, how good are the graphics RIGHT now? Well, compared to PC-games, at top resolution, what game equals the Wii??

Thanks!

Jabba!

Erm.... Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. Maybe slightly better
lol. Wii's graphics are annoyingly sh1t! I mean, TP is the best looking game so far, and thats GC graphics.

I hope to god they get better, because having seen a Gears of War preview recently, and not having seen any new info regarding the wii, or any good videos, I'm feeling a bit... disappointed.

Thankfully, that IGN wii menu preview yesterday perked me up a bit ;)

It'll depend. Red steel and zelda:tp look amazing. So does Excitetruck and many other games. This is really great for launch titles because later as developers explore and learn new tricks, the graphics will become even better. i'm hoping that it can reach or get really close to 360 graphics *crosses fingers*

#2.. Do you mean PS2 San Andreas?!?!

#3.. Well, I've heard (can't remember where) that the Wii graphics may end up in 360's launch-graphic :)

Wii will have better graphics than the original Xbox, but not as good as the Xbox 360's. However, there will probably be games on Xbox 360 that look like original Xbox games and Wii games that look better, just depends on the game.

Oh, and to the guy who said Zelda is the best looking game and it only "looks like a Gamecube game", well obviously it will since it was originally developed for Gamecube and then ported to Wii. Wii's graphics will only improve with time, just like the PS2 did with games like God of War.

Asking about the graphics who cares as long as the games are good

Sounds great, ! :)

#7.. I bet you care a little bit too! I guess you prefer good graphic insteed of bad graphic, right? Anyways, gonna get the Wii, but... As i said ;)

I was kinda kidding about San Andreas... it'll be better than that ;)

Well, that looks GREAT! Especially the textures, which i feared was going to be crappy as shiat! :O

I'm pretty confident the graphics, although not "next gen" worthy in comparison to 360 and PS3 (lol), will still be able to throw graphics and effects around without falling under the pressure. *nods*

You can just look at SSBB for proof of that.

My XBox 360 is for pretty games, on the Wii I care more about the playability. That being said, I definitely dont think they will be ugly

The graphics for the Wii are good...I mean nowhere near as good as 360 or
PS3 but still look amazing! Well for the PC it really depends on what kind of graphics your PC can handle....but maybe the Wii could exceed PC high res graphics but can't say until I have seen more games!

Back