Graphics

Blitz

WiiChat Member
Nov 16, 2006
i heard from people that played the Wii said that the grahpics are the EXACT same as gamecube graphics. is this true?

paintba||er said:
No it will have better graphics than the GC. They just won't be anywhere near as good as the 360 or PS3.

And you don't get the "all crappy launch titles" deal like the ps3

vagrant said:
And you don't get the "all crappy launch titles" deal like the ps3

Ya I know. If it had more than one or two games out for it that I can't get for my 360 then I would be in line for a PS3 right now. But since there isn't any good launch games and its so damn expensive I'll just wait and get one when the price goes down or at least until some good games come out.

Better than the XBOX.

Worse than 360/PS3.

Zelda looks like a GC essentially because it is. Almost a completely direct port.

Well all you have seen are the launch titles though. Go look at a game from when PS2 first came out and then look at the games now. Theres a huge difference. And the Wii isn't about graphics anyway. If it was I don't think one would be sold.

Graphics depend a lot on the game manufacturers.

And if you are able to tell ps3 has such amazing graphics. Then you should have a good enough eye to tell that the wii graphics are a lot better than the gamecube graphics.

*edit* this wasn't directed at anyone in particular btw.

Actually GC is stronger than the PS2, Resident Evil 4 looks better on GC than on PS2 (trust me i played both versions). Wii uses same GC Graphics but with the 480p and a little bit Resolution. But what makes it fun is the Gameplay i mean look at the DS lite the graphics are the 64 one and still is fun to play because of the gameplay.

Why do you think this system only costs $250 if they added HD and improved there graphics like the 360 and ps3, the wii would of cost like $400!!

And im not against Wii, im actually buying one like in the next weeks, i convinced myself to buy one, now im just selling my ps2 which i did for $100 and selling my GC to my bro for $65, and got like $125 in my bank saved for the Wii and $25 in my EB Card all total comes out to $315 which its good to buy me the console and the Zelda TP. :D

Also if they added a Hard Drive it would be like $500 lol

Last edited:
ok.... the wiis graphics are preety good.... i mean red steel it is much more then a xbox game and ds lite has ausome graphics .... check our metroid prime hunters

the GC grafics sometimes can even look beter than some xbox games.

the wii is esssentaily 2 times beter than GC so that means its between an xbox and an xbox 360

Manny21 said:
Actually GC is stronger than the PS2, Resident Evil 4 looks better on GC than on PS2 (trust me i played both versions). Wii uses same GC Graphics but with the 480p and a little bit Resolution. But what makes it fun is the Gameplay i mean look at the DS lite the graphics are the 64 one and still is fun to play because of the gameplay.

Why do you think this system only costs $250 if they added HD and improved there graphics like the 360 and ps3, the wii would of cost like $400!!

And im not against Wii, im actually buying one like in the next weeks, i convinced myself to buy one, now im just selling my ps2 which i did for $100 and selling my GC to my bro for $65, and got like $125 in my bank saved for the Wii and $25 in my EB Card all total comes out to $315 which its good to buy me the console and the Zelda TP. :D

Also if they added a Hard Drive it would be like $500 lol
no, thats not true. Wii has better graphics than gamecube, you'll soon see.

Back