Great Games for Wii

chadskee said:
So is gamespot just biased giving red steel such a bad rating?
Probably a bit, considering they gave Zelda an 8 out of 10 if I'm not mistaken.
That said, Red Steel doesn't deserve more than a 6.5 or 7 in my opinion. If you want to discuss this or read what others thought of it, go to this thread: bland steel

NateTheGreat said:
Probably a bit, considering they gave Zelda an 8 out of 10 if I'm not mistaken.

They gave it an 8.8, but I agree that it deserves at least a 9.5. I would give it a 10, though, if I was the reviewer.

Red Steel didn't get impressive ratings, and not just on gamespot...

Zelda is a must have.

Raymen
Excite Truck
Madden 07
all seem like they deserve a try

________

Wait for the new Super Smash, Super Mario, and Metroid prime games they should all kick ass

chadskee said:
Hello everyone,

I am a proud owner of one of these wonderful devices they like to a call a Wii. I have to say im enjoying it alot. But some of the reviews on gamespot are depressing. I though I might venture here to ask the real players which games are good. I have Zelda and thats the only game I have, and its great. Call of Duty got a less than stellar rating, and the second highest rated game... Super Monkey Ball, I rented and it is bad.

So if there are any of the other games you guys think are worth my final 50 dollars then please, chime in.

you have to remember wii is focused towards all crowds.. call of duty? come on if i wanted to play that i would play it on an xbox...

i bought the wii because i am a devoted nintendo fan.. zelda mario....

but super monkey ball is a really great game.. my wife never plays my xbox but she loves playing super monkey ball.

plus if you never played the original super monkey ball then you wouldnt understand

i own zelda, cars, super monkey ball.. and curently i have rented madden 07 and trauma center

i have yet to play trauma center but madden is unique in its way of playing.

i also have elebits reserved its a hide and seek game in which you tear through the house trying to find the elebits.. it looks pretty fun

weazol said:
you have to remember wii is focused towards all crowds.. call of duty? come on if i wanted to play that i would play it on an xbox...

i bought the wii because i am a devoted nintendo fan.. zelda mario....

but super monkey ball is a really great game.. my wife never plays my xbox but she loves playing super monkey ball.

plus if you never played the original super monkey ball then you wouldnt understand

i own zelda, cars, super monkey ball.. and curently i have rented madden 07 and trauma center

i have yet to play trauma center but madden is unique in its way of playing.

i also have elebits reserved its a hide and seek game in which you tear through the house trying to find the elebits.. it looks pretty fun
I disagree. I really want to see serious games and FPS's coming to the Wii. I love mario as much as the next guy, but I want to see some serious games into the Wii.

I have to agree with Homesrfan, too many people bash the Wii for being a "kids toy". I dont mind it, people can **** off and let me play my wii on my own ^_^ but fun games that keep you entertained for hours on end like the wii has now isnt all a well-rounded system needs. sometimes you feel like slashing off a few heads and seeing some blood, sniping a few soldiers, or driving a monster truck into hoards of children and old people >_>

-SpideyKonfusion

i never said it was a kids gamesystem..

i said it was focused towards all crowds.. i think the swinging and slashing is too complicated for a 5 year old anyways..

but when nintendo built the system it was focusing on the non gamers as well as their current fans..

yes there will be hardcore games with their own style of play .. but when i play hardcore games i prefer the graphics like gears of war... i bought the wii for something i could play with my wife

either way to each his own

weazol said:
i never said it was a kids gamesystem..

i said it was focused towards all crowds.. i think the swinging and slashing is too complicated for a 5 year old anyways..

but when nintendo built the system it was focusing on the non gamers as well as their current fans..

yes there will be hardcore games with their own style of play .. but when i play hardcore games i prefer the graphics like gears of war... i bought the wii for something i could play with my wife

either way to each his own
When they say its focused for all crowds they don't mean EVERY SINGLE GAME. They mean that all types of people can find games and learn how to play them very easily and have fun with it. Not that each game will be really easy or interesting to everyone. That's crazy. :p

One of the reasons I'm getting a Wii is because it's cheaper. I don't want to own two consoles. Even if I didn't have to pay for both of them, I would have to pay for seperate games. I want one console for all my gaming needs and I think that the Wii will give it to me. Multiplayer, minigames, slashers, FPSs, puzzle games, sports games... all of them being very fun.

no no no, i didnt mean that YOU said it was a kids gamesystem, I'm just saying thats what MY firends say. I can see they're mouths water when I play WiiSports or Zelda though ;) hahahahaha!

-SpideyKonfusion

SpideyKonfusion said:
no no no, i didnt mean that YOU said it was a kids gamesystem, I'm just saying thats what MY firends say. I can see they're mouths water when I play WiiSports or Zelda though ;) hahahahaha!

-SpideyKonfusion

yeah i get teased about it to.. but i got my wife and best friend into it..

we just spent a couple hours playing trauma center.. very original game..
its like watching general hospital or something

Homesrfan said:
When they say its focused for all crowds they don't mean EVERY SINGLE GAME. They mean that all types of people can find games and learn how to play them very easily and have fun with it. Not that each game will be really easy or interesting to everyone. That's crazy. :p

One of the reasons I'm getting a Wii is because it's cheaper. I don't want to own two consoles. Even if I didn't have to pay for both of them, I would have to pay for seperate games. I want one console for all my gaming needs and I think that the Wii will give it to me. Multiplayer, minigames, slashers, FPSs, puzzle games, sports games... all of them being very fun.

i understand getting the wii for it being cheaper that makes sense...
i have a 360 cause i am in the military and it came in use on my time off in iraq.. i doubt i will try to bring the wii cause after getting off a 12 hour shift the last thing i will want to be doing is swinging my arms around

The only games I'm waiting for are:
Elebits
SSBB
Super Mario Galaxy
Yeah, small list, but then again, I rather wait for 3 things then 30.

If u wanna get a game right now and not wait till like next year u should get elebits or red steel.

Back