green & pink snow

qball2335

WiiChat Member
Jan 6, 2008
Hi -
I've had my wii up and running for a while, and on New years eve and again today the wii is just showing green and pink snow. I can hear the sound perfectly but can't do anything. has anyone else had this issue...any ideas on how to fix it? It's not a wiring issue as I have not changed any of the wiring in the house.

thanks

Are you using a composite cable? Is blue and red connected ok? Check both ends of all cables.

qball2335 said:
Hi -
I've had my wii up and running for a while, and on New years eve and again today the wii is just showing green and pink snow. I can hear the sound perfectly but can't do anything. has anyone else had this issue...any ideas on how to fix it? It's not a wiring issue as I have not changed any of the wiring in the house.

thanks
I got my wii on the 2006 launch date and in Jan of 07 I started to experience the same thing. It turned out that my GPU over heated (wii connect 24) and I ened up sending it in to Nintendo for a product replacement under warranty. After I received my new unit, I purchased a cooling fan and have not had the problem since.

Back