Greetings and Salutations!

AndyBacon

WiiChat Member
Mar 4, 2008
Banff, Alberta
Wii Online Code
5042-3532-5854-1048
Hello Everyone!

I've been looking for an online community where I can express my sometimes overly passionate love for video games. I play video games for their story telling quality and value them as a communicative tool for expressing emotion and experience that is only possible through interactive art. That being said, my favourite games are any in the Legend of Zelda series (I'm playing through Twilight Princess for my third time right now. I love discussing time-line theories and anything else to do with the series), I'm also a huge fan of Metroid. I love Mario games for the simple joy of platforming in fun, imaginative worlds - Mario's one of my best buddies. I recently played through Mass Effect for the XBOX 360 and found it to be one of the most immersive and realistic (in terms of art style) games I've ever played.

Don't want to bore you with my interests, just wanted to give you a sense of who I am and what I stand for. I also play acoustic guitar - my true passion. I consider video game music, and video games as an immersive, expressive art form, one of my biggest inspirations as a composer. Maybe this isn't the place to discuss this though. (I would, however, love to discuss video game music with anyone here who shares these same interests - I listen to Bobby McFerrin, Andy Mckee, Bob Marley, Don Ross, Jack Johnson, Xavier Rudd and love Disney music! Lion King is one of my favourite movies, the Matrix probably taking the number one spot.)

I also thought this would be a good place to meet friends to play online with (Brawl comes of in 4 days!). I look forward to meeting you all and discussing! Thanks for taking the time to read this and getting to know me a bit.

My best bud Dave and I always express our farewells with this pointless and completely arbitrary expression, I hope some of you learn its power and join with me in saying:

May the cratches of krootsteid cretch your crest.

Andy

OMG long speech for new person..,welcome to wiichat....where the grass is polished pearl white and the hills are made of infa-red sensor bars.....

tampa2012 said:
OMG long speech for new person..,welcome to wiichat....where the grass is polished pearl white and the hills are made of infa-red sensor bars.....
Welcome to wiichat, where the air smells like warm root beer and the towels are oh so fluffy!!

Hooray for a new guy who is mad literate and canadian! i wish i lived in canada...

haha thanks everyone, im loving this so far. i'm still getting a feel for the site and how to find everything, but it's great. judging from these wonderfully creative descriptions though, im sure this place will become like a new home for me! thanks again for being so welcoming... now i just need a cool avatar and signature and maybe i'll be worthy of the "infa-red sensor bar hills"
you guys are awesome!
peace
Andy

*edit - i thought i might encourage some of you, if you're interested, to look up Andy Mckee or Don Ross on YouTube. Andy Mckee actually had the number one spot for the "most played" music videos for a while and wrote a song called "Samus' Stardrive" - a tribute, of course, to the 16-bit classic, Super Metroid!

Last edited:
hello there, welcome to the forums, enjoy your kick ass stay

Back