Gripes with the Wii

RastaMahata

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
The wii could be a lot better if nintendo:
- lets people send custom images made on the photo channel to registered email addresses (so far you can only send them to other wii consoles)
- asked for the users name when registering a new email address ("the user [email protected] wants to add you. do you know who the user is?" could scare grandma a bit)
- allowed direct loading from an sd card. If you want to show a friend how far you are in zelda, you have to backup his game save, delete it from his wii, then copy your save game from your sd card to his wii, and play. Then, you'll have to repeat for his save game.
- made VC demos available. A time demo would be excellent. 10 minutes, 15...
- demanded that games had to be published in all the languages the consoles supports. The american version of the wii ships in English, spanish and french. Why do games only ship in english?
- released a calibration utility as the zelda one. It would have to be implemented in the config utilities.
- released some free multiplayer games/utilities. The nintendo ds has a chat utility, the wii could have some free mini games too, like chess or some other crazy games. Multiplayer = fun.

Well, thats about it. What do you people think?

360 with wii controlls would be perfect, wii isn't perfect but is certainly a dam good start. People always say you either want good graphics or good gameplay, both is perfect so if they do this next time then nintendo will have reached perfection :D

but im not saying the graphics are lousy or anything like that. Im saying that some things could be fixed with a firmware upgrade, and would give the player a much better gameplay experience.

RastaMahata said:
but im not saying the graphics are lousy or anything like that. Im saying that some things could be fixed with a firmware upgrade, and would give the player a much better gameplay experience.

It's true that both Nintendo and 3rd party game developers will be able to squeeze much more out of the Hollywood GPU than this current crop of games, (as evidenced by the upcoming SSX Blur), but don't expect any on-par-with-Xbox 360 miracles to be pulled out of any hats.

i definitely agree with all of those but one.

im sure the sd card thing, though it would be handy, has a reason. i would guess that they were scared of pirated software issues or maybe even wanted you to be loading from their own memory. for one, it takes longer to load and write from an sd card than it would in the internal memory. which means longer save times. i know the internal storage is flash. i think flash is faster than sd but im not sure about that. it could be the exact opposite. nonetheless, im sure there is a good reason for it.

its kind of like at first i was pissed because we always had to sync my boys controller when hed come over here. and i thought that was kind of dumb. then i realized that if they didnt do that, if you had two wiis in your house, and used say your roomates controller. if that stayed synced with your wii, then when hed turn his on itd turn yours on. it uses blue tooth to turn it on. i know that remote has at least a 60ft range. point is, what i thought was a problem at first, i realized nintendo had already figured out. so as i said, im sure there is a reason for that.

everything else i fully agree should have been done. but at the same time, that console costs them 158 dollars to make, costs us $250, so unlike $600, id expect some things not to be up to par. maybe theyll hear our cries. id love everything on that list to be done, i really would.

definitely need a calibration feature. ive messed with all my settings and still cant get it quite right, but only when i play madden.

wii sports and my wii menus and everything, the pointing works just fine. but its slightly off while playing madden. having an in-game calibration setting/option kind of thing would be very helpful to me at least.

ericlewis91 said:
Wii is perfect
bunny-noob.gif

jk jk
:nonod: :nonod: :nonod: :nonod: :nonod:

RastaMahata said:
The wii could be a lot better if nintendo:
- lets people send custom images made on the photo channel to registered email addresses (so far you can only send them to other wii consoles)
- asked for the users name when registering a new email address ("the user [email protected] wants to add you. do you know who the user is?" could scare grandma a bit)
- allowed direct loading from an sd card. If you want to show a friend how far you are in zelda, you have to backup his game save, delete it from his wii, then copy your save game from your sd card to his wii, and play. Then, you'll have to repeat for his save game.
- made VC demos available. A time demo would be excellent. 10 minutes, 15...
- demanded that games had to be published in all the languages the consoles supports. The american version of the wii ships in English, spanish and french. Why do games only ship in english?
- released a calibration utility as the zelda one. It would have to be implemented in the config utilities.
- released some free multiplayer games/utilities. The nintendo ds has a chat utility, the wii could have some free mini games too, like chess or some other crazy games. Multiplayer = fun.

Well, thats about it. What do you people think?

Its online stuff is in development. My god why do so many people have to be so picky so fast. Give them damn time people :p

PtonJalken said:
Its online stuff is in development. My god why do so many people have to be so picky so fast. Give them damn time people :p

I'll agree that people should let a system develop in its own time, but that said... having a big blank as far as online multiplayer goes, in this day and age, is a gross oversight as far I as see it. You can give Nintendo a bit of a pass due to the focus on group play in front of a console, but still...

Lobstermobster said:
why dont you cry about it, ill PM you some tissues later.

You've discovered the secret of sending physical objects through the Internets? Well, I guess it IS a series of tubes...

Back