Grudge Director Works On Wii Game

Caliko

I am Casual
Jan 17, 2008
Wii Online Code
2064-8110-4406-4869
Ju-On: The Grudge director Takashi Shimizu is bringing his horror expertise to Nintendo's little white box.

There is no denying that Japan does horror differently to the west, relying more on atmosphere than gore to provide the scares. Movies like the Ring and games like Silent Hill and Fatal Frame exemplify this difference, and now the world of Japanese movies and Japanese games are colliding.

No, it's not another awful videogame movie, it's something much better than that. Japanese director Takashi Shimizu is reportedly serving as the 'horror advisor' on a new Wii game called The Feel.

Takashi Shimizu is the man behind one of the best known Japanese franchises in the West, Ju-on: The Grudge, which was remade in 2004 starring Buffy actress Sarah Michelle Gellar and surprised critics and studio alike by taking over $180 million at the box office.

Details on The Feel are very limited at the moment. We do know that there's a flashlight involved, and, well that's about it really. There is one sticking point though, The Feel is being developed by AQ Interactive, makers of the mediocre Bullet Witch and the simply awful Vampire Rain. Will Shimizu be just what AQ need? We'll just have to wait and see

Source: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/90885-Grudge-Director-Works-On-Wii-Game

This could be good since it's coming from the mind of Takashi. Wii could use a little scare!

We do know that there's a flashlight involved,
Ahh bloody hell
I got sick of flashlight things in Doom3
WHY NOT STRAP IT TO YOUR HEAD IDIOT

So great, I'm a "The Grudge" and "The Ring" fan!!

It's very pleased to see more and more Horror games come to Wii, F$#* Yeah!!

Ahh bloody hell
I got sick of flashlight things in Doom3
WHY NOT STRAP IT TO YOUR HEAD IDIOT

Cuase it doesn't look as cool!!

Anyway here's some new screens:

08.jpg

10.jpg

24.jpg

23.jpg

Looks awesome!

I hope this game comes too America. With the mixed feelings and overall dissapointment of Resident Evil 5, people are beginning to wonder wether or not the survival horror genre is dying a slow death in the current generation. Even if you love RE5 no one can deny that Resident Evil just isn't scary anymore, its just a thrid person shooter with worse controls. But if this game and Silent Hill hit it big on Wii (possibly Darkside Chronicles as well even though its On-Rails) then Nintendo's White box can be crowned as the new home for true survival horror "Piss-the-inside-of-your-pants" gameplay. Let's keep our fingers crossed on this one.

damn, the detail in her hair on the last pic is good. I hope this turns out to be an awesome game!

Gonna be so cool!
They screens look really good!

Hoping it won't be too long before it comes out or worse they censor it >.<

Back