GTA:IV 360 Version Has Better Framerate and Load Times?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Neil Corbett from Rockstar, Lead QA on Grand Theft Auto IV, posted on the english forum rllmukforum.com discussing the differences between the two versions of the game and the Xbox 360 exclusive contents. This is what he had to say:

"Hello, as it stands the Xbox 360 version has the smoother framerate & far faster loading times (without any installing) but the PS3 version does have that warm feeling with bleached out sunsets & the like. The extra content of the 360 version is significant but nothing like an 'extra Island' at all- as the lead platform it is currently the superior version however. Just you wait until your first windscreen-flying experience."

So it seems he considers the 360 version having an edge over the PS3 one, even if he subsequently adds: "Suffice to say that both versions are stunning."

Source

Last edited:
The best version is no doubt going to be for the PS3, after all the Grand Theft Auto series did start out as a "Play Station" only game. But I'd choose better graphics over frame rate. True, Grand Theft Auto is meant to be a blood gushing, head sniping, road raging third person, but it's goal is too have the most breath taking graphics to accompany those aspects. We can just see that with Vice City when it first came out.

Better framerate and loadtimes with exclusive content on the 360 and the PS3 is going to be the best version? You make no sense Floydd. Even if PS3 does have slightly better graphics and thats what makes it "better" then you meet the requirements for the stereotypical "graphic whore" that PS3/360 players are called.

T3kNi9e said:
Better framerate and loadtimes with exclusive content on the 360 and the PS3 is going to be the best version? You make no sense Floydd. Even if PS3 does have slightly better graphics and thats what makes it "better" then you meet the requirements for the stereotypical "graphic whore" that PS3/360 players are called.

Well it's only my opinion, people can disagree or agree. I know most people are going to bash me for my obsession with the slightest enhancement of graphics. Again I'm only stating my personal thoughts on the matter, and besides it's GTA IV I don't care how I play it, 360 or PS3.

Did you read?

"Hello, as it stands the Xbox 360 version has the smoother framerate & far faster loading times (without any installing)"

Floydd said:
The best version is no doubt going to be for the PS3, after all the Grand Theft Auto series did start out as a "Play Station" only game. But I'd choose better graphics over frame rate. True, Grand Theft Auto is meant to be a blood gushing, head sniping, road raging third person, but it's goal is too have the most breath taking graphics to accompany those aspects. We can just see that with Vice City when it first came out.
the difference in graphics is next to unnoticeable..

Floydd said:
so you would rather play something that looks good but lags than something that looks ok and plays like a hot knife through butter?

Mitch2025 said:
so you would rather play something that looks good but lags than something that looks ok and plays like a hot knife through butter?

Thats exactly what confused me by what he said. I really can't understand how someone could prefer slightly better graphics over framerate.

It's really not that difficult to understand, some people don't care too much for performance and tend to lean more towards high quality visuals. Thus some can easily forgive a game for having poor framerate but yet has amazing graphics (see Blue Dragon).

Though personally, I'm more in the middle.. where I prefer great performance and high quality together, Devil May Cry 4 is a perfect example of that balance. However, I can also forgive a game with lower quality but very high performance, as long as it plays well.

to sum up this thread so far: 360 ftw.

why hasn't anyone mentioned the almighty whoring of ACHIEVEMENTS along with the not to shabby graphics, and better load times for the 360??

ok, so the PS3 Looks great, but when your really into the game you really dont think twice about it, afterall we are chatting on a wii forum and lets face it, we have all dealt with less than great graphics before *cough... wii/ds*, did it change entertainment?

bottom line: achievements, highly acceptional graphics, load times, GTA IV! need I say more? sorry sony fanboys..give this one up :yesnod:

not a big deal either way, i have both consoles i think i might buy it for 360 for the supposed multiplayer cause i dont have any friends with PS3s

Back