GTA+Wii. Will it ever happen?

Floydd

雨... 雨..
Feb 6, 2008
Canada
Lately I've been hearing a lot of hype about GTA: 4. Well when isn't there any hype about a GTA game? A close friend has pre ordered, I'm planning on buying it for my PC after I get new ram, and the top of the line graphics card for the safety of my own computer. Thinking about the platforms GTA gets released to I thought about the Wii. And I thought "Hmm Why don't they release it for the Wii platform? After all it's the best selling game console." We can already tell from Rockstar's Xbox expansion after Vice City, they're willing to open up new means of business. So why not the Wii? I mean, yes the graphics might be too much to handle for the Wii why can't they just tone it down? But it also seems that GTA doesn't fit the Wii persona, because when some of my friends hear "Wii." they think Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. and Zelda. They don't think of one of the most violent and the worst influential games on the market. But we've seen the Wii getting great and amazing re makes of just those kinds of games. Example Resident Evil 4, and soon to be released Brothers In Arm: Road To Hill 30. Which I myself am excited for being a devoted BIA fan. So I think that Rockstar should give the Wii a second thought. The Wii being the highest selling next gen. console, and what we've seen of their re makes which were beyond people's expectations. So what I say is tone down the graphics, default it to the normal Wii mote setting (though it wouldn't be to bad for the motion sensing either), and pitch the idea to Nintendo. Which I think would be more than happy to accept. What are your thoughts about a possible GTA game for Wii?

i dont want the GTA series to get stained by the lack of power in the wii, so im gonna say for now.

but

who'se to say we wont see it, if you didnt now floydd, rockstar has already partnered up with nintendo.

1- Manhunt 2
2- bully : scholar ship edition

also, if you didnt know, the wii actually DOES have the most violent and worst influential games, that being ,manhunt 2, the wii isnt just flowers and freaking ponnies.

zapasant93 said:
i dont want the GTA series to get stained by the lack of power in the wii, so im gonna say for now.

but

who'se to say we wont see it, if you didnt now floydd, rockstar has already partnered up with nintendo.

1- Manhunt 2

also, if you didnt know, the wii actually DOES have the most violent and worst influential games, that being ,manhunt 2, the wii isnt just flowers and freaking ponnies.

thats some real ownage

zapasant93 said:

1- Manhunt 2

Yes I know Santi, I'm not completely and utterly retarded. I was just talking about the idea of GTA coming to Wii, not Rockstar. But it's still the generalization that Wii has a lot of original Nintendo games.

Rockstar brought over their engine to the Wii last year, The same engine that hosts GTA4...you dont think they brought it over just for their ping pong game do you?

Ids a definate possibility, but the odds are against it. But the act is Rockstar HAVE ported over the engine that hosts GTA4, so its very possible, just a matter of: 'Will they or Wont they?'

Floydd said:
Yes I know Santi, I'm not completely and utterly retarded. I was just talking about the idea of GTA coming to Wii, not Rockstar. But it's still the generalization that Wii has a lot of original Nintendo games.

your wayyyyyy offtrack ben.

if you saw the first part of my post, you can clearly see that i stated my opinion weather or not it they should partner up.

the rest of my post was pretty much indicating reasons why they MAY in the future. hence why i put a "but" between points?

zapasant93 said:
your wayyyyyy offtrack ben.

if you saw the first part of my post, you can clearly see that i stated my opinion weather or not it they should partner up.

the rest of my post was pretty much indicating reasons why they MAY in the future. hence why i put a "but" between points?

True, but you did try to make a point of Rockstar already being with partnered up with Nintendo. So I just tried to say I already knew. Plus Manhunt is a very gruesome game but there are others out there too. Like Doom, Quake, Dark Messiah, Myth: The Fallen Lords, and God of War. Just trying to say that Wii doesn't initially have the "Worst" influential games, theres a lot more out there. Known and unknown.

I don't think we will see a new GTA on the Wii, not alongside the next gen consoles anyways. Our best chance of getting a taste of GTA is getting an older GTA ported to Wii or something.

Personally though I don't care either way.
But if the Wii continues to be successful and their software sales improve then we could see a new GTA on Wii, its a stretch but it could happen down the road. And if not on Wii then on Nintendo's next console maybe.

Floydd said:
True, but you did try to make a point of Rockstar already being with partnered up with Nintendo. So I just tried to say I already knew. Plus Manhunt is a very gruesome game but there are others out there too. Like Doom, Quake, Dark Messiah, Myth: The Fallen Lords, and God of War. Just trying to say that Wii doesn't initially have the "Worst" influential games, theres a lot more out there. Known and unknown.

im sorry ben, your qualifying god of war a worst influntial game then manhunt 2?

thats the funniest thing ive heard all ay, that made my day.

HAVE YOU SEEN MANHUNT?! it makes god of war and those other games look like a baby with an ice cream cone on a ferris wheel.
Manhunt 2 was banned all over europe and autralia...was god of war banned? nope

now, GTA series is pretty hardcore, but even it has its limits compared to man hunt

zapasant93 said:
im sorry ben, your qualifying god of war a worst influntial game then manhunt 2?

thats the funniest thing ive heard all ay, that made my day.

HAVE YOU SEEN MANHUNT?! it makes god of war and those other games look like a baby with an ice cream cone on a ferris wheel.
Manhunt 2 was banned all over europe and autralia...was god of war banned? nope

now, GTA series is pretty hardcore, but even it has its limits compared to man hunt

You just focused on God of War there. But I bet you haven't played Doom, or The Dark Messiah. Which I myself have played several times.

GTA is rockstar's baby, similar to how square holds Final Fantasy. They are both series that push the limits and try to be the best they can be. Pushing those limits include size of the gameworld and graphics. GTA or the main Final Fantasy won't come to wii because the developers want to do the most they can do for those games. If GTA does come to nintendo it won't be this generation.

Floydd said:
You just focused on God of War there. But I bet you haven't played Doom, or The Dark Messiah. Which I myself have played several times.

well here you go ben

doom game play : [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPkDKApo5O0[/MEDIA]

dark mesia gameplay : [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JabbZIOHEng[/MEDIA]

manhunt 2 gameplay : even putting it in a wiiwouldlike to play commercial can hide away its grusomeness

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jKpUKdfiMo&feature=related[/MEDIA]

Wow Santi I just tried making a point with two game as examples you don't have to run off and go through the trouble and finding youtube videos. Besides I know Manhunt is one of the most goriest games, I beat 1 and 2 with Ryan Hill. So no need for gameplay footage when I had my fair share already.

Floydd said:
Wow Santi I just tried making a point with two game as examples you don't have to run off and go through the trouble and finding youtube videos. Besides I know Manhunt is one of the most goriest games, I beat 1 and 2 with Ryan Hill. So no need for gameplay footage when I had my fair share already.

so in other words i win

Back