GTA+Wii. Will it ever happen?

zapasant93 said:
so in other words i win

It's amazing what trouble you can go through just to own one single noob, it's almost pathetic really. Not only that you will automatically have respect from other members from your post record, you also have a bigger indulgence in gaming than I do. Since all I really do is script SA:MP servers and play on other ones.

ok, call me and ill give you the number to dr phil so you can go whine to him ben . or tyra banks, what evr flaoats your boat.

:)

Lol, Tyra Banks doesn't help solve problems from what I know. (But then again she might I don't know) But Dr. Phil would be a fine choice.

*stay on topic please*

anyways, for a gta game to come to wii, we'de need some serious downgrades, the wii would explode

zapasant93 said:
*stay on topic please*

Funny you should say that. But yeah, I agree. But like a few other people have said already, maybe for Nintendo's next console.

if nintedo doesnt decide to go pussy again, they better get a more powerful console, they have the money!

I hope GTA never comes to the Wii, despite the decent playability of the series and joy I get from it I feel Wii would find a way to ruin it for me.

true the wii has been selling like crazy but you have to think about whose buying it. I'm sure there are more casual gamers who buy the wii than hardcore gamers. So if they released it for wii, It would probably sell less because many wii owners wouldn't buy it. It would still sell alot though but I personally would just buy a 360 or ps3 because it would be a better expirience which is what I'm gonna do.

zapasant93 said:
*stay on topic please*

anyways, for a gta game to come to wii, we'de need some serious downgrades, the wii would explode

Well not exactly.
Look at the games like Star Wars Force Unleashed. Thats on all the consoles, the Wii version doesn't have all the physics that the Ps3 and 360 can do, but it can still look nice. Case in point with GTA, the same can be done, just certain gameplay mechanics would need to be changed. Its more if the developer is willing to do it and if done right, or if they take their time with it new modes can be added to the Wii version to make it less plain.

There is solutions, and none involve serious downgrades.
Just involves more time really is all.

CantGetAWii said:
Well not exactly.
Look at the games like Star Wars Force Unleashed. Thats on all the consoles, the Wii version doesn't have all the physics that the Ps3 and 360 can do, but it can still look nice. Case in point with GTA, the same can be done, just certain gameplay mechanics would need to be changed. Its more if the developer is willing to do it and if done right, or if they take their time with it new modes can be added to the Wii version to make it less plain.

There is solutions, and none involve serious downgrades.
Just involves more time really is all.

actually, the wii's graphics arent all bad, they are considered bad when they are conpared against the lights of 360 and ps3.

And when we see a game like GTA thats a ps3 exclusive and we compare it agaisnt the wii, we can say that the wii's graphics are horrible. so IMO yes a wii version need time AND some serious downgrades. cause we're comparing the weakest console vs the strongest

zapasant93 said:
well here you go ben

doom game play : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPkDKApo5O0

dark mesia gameplay : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JabbZIOHEng

manhunt 2 gameplay : even putting it in a wiiwouldlike to play commercial can hide away its grusomeness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jKpUKdfiMo&feature=related

LOL that was funny. GTA on the Wii sure I mean that would mean we actually get GTA3 engine and really where did that guy above hear about R* porting the engine to the Wii? Man I need to stop working and look for these juicy rumors!

Who cares who has been buying a Wii if GTA comes out for the Wii massive amounts of people (mostly PS2 owners) would go and get a system and that game since most people will not be willing to get a whole HD set up for a system. But who knows what is going to happen. If it doesn't sell then some things may change and at that point you could count a PS2 port in...LOL

Really though think GC polygon counts with better textures or better if nintendo's new tools are as good as they are claiming the new ones to be..

Really though I wonder how the next one will play. I mean graphics are good but will it still feel like GTA?

zapasant93 said:
actually, the wii's graphics arent all bad, they are considered bad when they are conpared against the lights of 360 and ps3.

And when we see a game like GTA thats a ps3 exclusive and we compare it agaisnt the wii, we can say that the wii's graphics are horrible. so IMO yes a wii version need time AND some serious downgrades. cause we're comparing the weakest console vs the strongest

I know the Wii's Graphics are not bad, thats what I am saying.
And for some games, yeah the visuals look real bad compared to the other two consoles, but for others they don't look bad at all. Thats not what I am talking about here really though.

You seemed to miss understand what I was saying.
If Rockstar was to make a GTA for all consoles, they would take a Force Unleashed approach with it, and not offer all the physics that the Ps3 and 360 can do. Instead, it would have its own unique approach to it, like new missions, different controls etc. while maintaining a nice visual appeal despite the changes. Thats what I am saying.

CantGetAWii said:
I know the Wii's Graphics are not bad, thats what I am saying.
And for some games, yeah the visuals look real bad compared to the other two consoles, but for others they don't look bad at all. Thats not what I am talking about here really though.

You seemed to miss understand what I was saying.
If Rockstar was to make a GTA for all consoles, they would take a Force Unleashed approach with it, and not offer all the physics that the Ps3 and 360 can do. Instead, it would have its own unique approach to it, like new missions, different controls etc. while maintaining a nice visual appeal despite the changes. Thats what I am saying.

so in a sence, innovate the game more so its more "intouch" with the wii.

i guess that could work, but i think both me and you agree that with all the extra features the wii can add on the graphics wont be as top notch.

but for some people prefer experience over graphics

zapasant93 said:
so in a sence, innovate the game more so its more "intouch" with the wii.

i guess that could work, but i think both me and you agree that with all the extra features the wii can add on the graphics wont be as top notch.

but for some people prefer experience over graphics

Exactly, and in most cases the developers wouldn't push it to its max potential.
But again, with Star Wars Force Unleashed, the visuals looked quite good.

The same can be done with other games, like GTA etc., its just if those developers want to take time and make a different version for Wii and not just throw out a port or some shovelware..they actually need to take their time with it.

Back