GTA4 Realism

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
Alright all of us know GTA:4 is the most highly anticpated game, in a long time. After they released GTA:SA in 2005, three years is a long wait. Minus the PSP games, later PS2 games Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, which both were "Meh" quality. But after all this hype, all this waiting, will it be as good as people say it will be.

My close friend pre ordered it, me and him are both loyal fans of the GTA games, and now its getting a "t" in australia but there are speculations of it happening in north america so I thought, so many things might get cut out. The swearing, the prostitutes, the drugs, the blood gushing out of people heads when you snipe them. I mean those are the things that make Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto. Plus the more "realistic" game play.

My friend, and I did our reasearch about GTA:4. So far we know there's no more "Ammunation"... More lenghty, pro longing missions... and I can hint a coming of a much, much smaller health bar to acompany these other attributes. First off the lengthy missions. I read there is a mission (most likely one of your first) where you must kill a guy, who works in an office. Sounds easy? Nope, you must first get clothing for an interview. Get a job at the office. Go to the bar with the "Target". Then somehow kill him without any witnesses, cameras, and etc. I mean, in Vice City you'd just run into the office with a chain saw and cut the guy in half.

Second the no more "Ammunation" stores around, where you can go in and buy and AK-47, a SMG, some body armour, and maybe some grenades for fireworks. But now there are gun dealers, which you must meet and go to the bar, play some pool have a few drinks, and earn their trust after a pro longed period of time. Which could be a drag. Then my views of a much smaller health bar. In SA there was a small health bar to start out with, then it got bigger over the game. But due to GTA:4's more "realistic" game play, and enviroments will your health be of a normal person's (when wearing no armour)?. Like a Rainbow 6 style where you get shot once or if you have luck twice, and die instanly. Which would make GTA's famous feeling of being almost invincable gone. The more "realistic" aspects of the game, for the good, or the worse? You tell me.

hope you guys liked my article:)

source of the "t" rating in australia:

http://www.wiichat.com/playstation-3/44307-grand-theft-aouto-being-toned-down-pass-esrb-rating.html

The more realistic gameplay could be a gamble actually... but either way the games going to sell off shelves in a matter of seconds... good argument

but with the new type of gaming generation today, im sure people will actually praise the more realistic gameplay, infact, i think thats going to be one of the reasons as to why its going to be succsessfull

I love the trailers. Apparently the game world is bigger than the world in Oblivion. That will be absolutely awesome!

Back