Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GTPro Series NOT DISSAPPOINTED!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by knoxbox, Mar 11, 2007.

1. knoxbox

knoxbox WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2067-6457-2250-9081
    2067-6457-2250-9081
    I recieved GTPro Series for my birthday last night... At first opening I was utterly dissappointed, considering your reviews, and those on ign.com were not pushing me towards this game. What can you do when your parents buy you a game knowning you have just about all the rest. So needless to say I was hesitant at opening it up... I could return it for sonic or some other title... But upon further inspection and rememberance of the ign.com review I decided to open it up and give it a whirl. Popped the free steering wheel together placed the remoted inside and powered up the wii. the menu navigation was that of the old school ridge racer platforms and I started to think maybe this wont be so bad... jumped right into a quick race selected the toyota supra and the count down began. After the first lap I started grasping the concept of the wheel, at first i kept accidently hitting the d-pad trying to turn. Once I got the concept of turning the wheel like and actual car, I turned pro quickly. Yes graphically the game isn't a hit, but its easy on the eyes and has a old school nintendo rad racer / ridge racer feel. The game play and controls are flawless, and rather fun... Three hours later I looked up noticed the time change and the clock reading 4:00am and I had to put it down, just to pick it right back up when I woke up the next morning. For any hardcore game racer this is definatelly a must have...

the only upside to buying wiiplay is for the remote, for 50 bucks gtproseries is definatelly a better buy. IMO.

Know your roots... Old Skool. Traditional Gameplay with a twist.

2. CantGetAWii

CantGetAWii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3099-0319-5478-2979
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Thats good to see man, thats the spirit. Once I get my Wii ill give this game a rent.

3. knoxbox

knoxbox WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2067-6457-2250-9081
    2067-6457-2250-9081
    rent it and i can almost garentee u'll end up purchasing... assuming ur into the old skool racers... definatelly a great game.

4. Maximo

Maximo Wii Fanatic

Wii Friend Code: 0558-5461-4916-6731
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    is it arcade style or sim style. i can't stand games like gran turismo ,and project gotham only has a slight appeal to me. I'm not a gearhead so its hard for me to get into ,or understand the sim games.

5. mym6

mym6 WiiChat Member

I love Gran Turismo, it's bar none the best racing sim out there. At first glance, GT Pro Series appears to rip off GT1.