Gtron 4in1 Adaptor for wii

You said that Z and L have been reversed, so I will reverse their wires, so I will hit Z, but it will register as L - I am just "un-reversing" what VC does?

P.S. I only really care about Zelda OoC + Mario 64 - I can change Z/L/R by changing the wires around, I also have 2 controllers - If needed I'll just rewire each for each game xD (But I think reversing Z and L will be fine for everything?)

I'll take some pics and make a guide when I do it. It's just soldering 4 joints.

I got one of these so I could play Genesis games. I have two 6-button pads and it won't let me set any of the free buttons as Menu so I have to set either A B C or Start as Menu and therefore can't use them when I'm trying to play a game. Can somebody help? Ideally I'd like to be able to just eliminate Menu...

its not going to work with the 6 button i think . only 3 button ones.

Not working out for me.

Ok I just got mines today and I also got a 3rd party controller(a Gtron N64 controller) since finding those are difficult. Im having nothing but problems. Sometimes it'll respond, but slow. When I try to move on the joystick, the player doesn't move. I get nothing but delayed responses and the joystick doesnt seem to go. I have on the n64 switch to play Zelda Ocarina of Time. It doesnt work. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something special you have to do to the wii? If it's not gonna work, I'll just return it. Any help would be appreciated.

the adaptor worked fine with my offcial nintendo controller. i could move around with the analog stick perfectly fine.
but the z button wouldnt work.

I guess thats good to know. The light on the adapter should be red when you plug it into the gamecube port, right? It might be the 3rd party controller, which is Gtron's. I'll have to see if I can find an official controller.

I bought 4 of these and they all do the same thing. There is a half second delay that is making all but the slowest games unplayable. If anyone has been able to get it to work smoothly with NES or SNES controllers could you tell me which version you are running? I'm running 4.2u and these arent usable.

i played all my nes supernes games with the gtron and my original controllers with no problems at all...
might be your lcd tv??
im using a 65"plasma
maybe try using component cables that helps too.

Nope, if it was anything but the adapter I would get the delay when using normal wii controllers. My TV is a top of the line plasma TV released last year and bought this year. I'm also using the original composite cables (yellow, red, white). The problem is definitely with these adapters as no other wii controllers cause the delay.

Hello everybody,

I bought an adapter Wii - Retro Adapter 4 in 1 "and have problems with it ...

Japan Video Games

1 - When i put N64 controllers, the controls become crazy and do not work properly ...
2 - Genesis controllers, works normally, but the 6-button function as only three buttons, and no lag.
3 - NES and Super NES controllers work perfectly, did not notice any lag.

Complicated !!!!!!!! :sick:

Wii 4.2 D2CKey & Homebrew Channel installed with some IOS that I do not remember what changed ....
GameCube controls work perfectly and PS2 to GC adapter also worked very well.

It worked on another Wii. I think something prevents it from working on my .... who is younger than the other wii where the adapter worked.

Any hint is welcome! Thanks! :mushroomlife:

Back