Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock

More features

other features of the game include:yikes:

Co-op Career Mode
IGN announced that the game will include a 2-player co-op mode, much like in Guitar Hero II. However, Guitar Hero III's co-op gameplay will be in the style of a career mode, allowing two players to play through 6 of the 8 sets, with different encores to unlock. There will be no boss battles in this mode. As in Guitar Hero II, one player will play lead guitar while one player plays bass guitar/rhythm guitar.

Battle Mode
Guitar-hero-3-gameplay.jpg

A screenshot demonstrating Battle Mode and Slash as a playable character.

IGN also announced the game would feature a new multiplayer game mode called Battle Mode. The mode puts a twist on the Pro Face-off mode introduced in Guitar Hero II. Two players will face each other, trying to complete a song while successfully playing Star Power sequences to earn attacks that can be used against their opponents. Players will be able to store three attacks at a time and can activate them by tilting their guitars upward. If neither player fails the song, they will face each other in a sudden death segment.

The attacks will include:

Broken string: One fret button on the opponent's guitar will not work until it is fixed (by rapidly tapping the button).
Difficulty up: The opponent will play the song on an increased difficulty for a short duration of time (except for expert difficulty).
Amp overload: The fret board will shake and appear blurry, making the scrolling notes difficult to read.
Whammy bar: The opponent will have to use the whammy bar before he/she can play notes again.
Steal power: This will steal your opponent's power-up (this will be lost if used when the opponent has no power-up).
Double notes: The opponent will have to play any single note as a two-button chord, and any two-button chord as a three-button chord for a short amount of time.
Lefty flip: The fret board will be mirrored, requiring the player to switch their handedness on the guitar.
Death Drain: This power-up is only available in Sudden Death mode. Once activated, your opponent's Rock Meter will rapidly drain on its own.

Wii exclusive features
The Wii version of the game has several exclusive features, since a Wii Remote must be inserted into the guitar controller. The game will utilize the Wii Remote's wireless capabilities and accelerometer, like the guitars from the other versions, but will also make use of the rumble feature and the internal speaker, adding a unique touch to this version's gameplay. The internal speaker on the Wii remote can also be optionally set to emit an effect when "sour" bad notes are hit. While the Wii version will feature online play utilizing game-specific friend codes, downloadable content will not be available initially.

Character cast
180px-Gh3_bret.jpg

Bret Michaels' in-game character will sing vocals while the player performs certain songs.

It was revealed by Neversoft lead developer Alan Flores in a GameSpot interview that Guitar Hero III will feature a cast of thirteen characters. Returning to the game are the characters Axel Steel, Casey Lynch, Izzy Sparks, Judy Nails, Johnny Napalm, Lars Ümlaüt, and Xavier Stone; Clive Winston and Pandora have been removed from the cast. Midori is known to be a new character. The reason for Clive's removal is that the developers feel Xavier Stone replaces Clive as the 70's rocker, while they say they took Pandora's features and melded them with Judy Nails. Still, according to Flores, Guitar Hero III will feature three boss battles in the game (two of them being the aforementioned Slash and Tom Morello), and one of them will be against a "fictional" guitarist.

GamePro stated on August 23 that Tom Morello is also in the game, and a German Activison brochure confirmed he is going to be the third boss.

On August 11, 2007, USA Today revealed that an animated Bret Michaels of Poison and the Bret Michaels Band would be singing his bands' songs, "Go That Far" and "Talk Dirty to Me". It was further revealed that you can select Michaels as the singer on any song through a cheat in the game.

Forget GHIII

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yikes: :mad5: :ciappa: :wink: :lol: :shocked: :ee5k: :hand: :mad2: :( :devil: :nonod: :eek: :idea: :nono: :yikes:

whats the third boss?!?!?!?!?! people have been saying rumors that its the devil

a German Activison brochure confirmed he is going to be the third boss

This game really needs some Coheed And Cambria. Welcome home or Willing Well: the Final Cut would make me slap my mom!

i pre-ordered the Wii version, the specific feautures are kinda cool but i never even thought about DLable content! :/ still, its cool we at least get online for it.

Thats definitely a great song but i think the music is a little too simplistic on that one. Still one of my favs though

what i think should be in it either ozzy osbourne-crazy train or i don't wanna stop one of ozzy's new songs

blech, i dont really like any of ozzy's new music.
i don't wanna stop?
i'm not going away?
it just sounds like he's responding to one music review that told him he's washed up, and now he's dedicating a whole album saying he's not.

it's just like the song "Cum on, feel the noise."

TortillaChip520 said:
blech, i dont really like any of ozzy's new music.
i don't wanna stop?
i'm not going away?
it just sounds like he's responding to one music review that told him he's washed up, and now he's dedicating a whole album saying he's not.

it's just like the song "Cum on, feel the noise."

i never even thought of that..lol

but still crazy train should be in it, or some mushroomhead, now that would be awesome

Any Ozzy with Randy Rhoads (crazy train, flying high again)would be a great addition. no more Zakk Mylde though

BoxyBrown said:
Any Ozzy with Randy Rhoads (crazy train, flying high again)would be a great addition. no more Zakk Mylde though
whats wrong with zakk wylde?

I heard that "She Builds Quick Machines" by Velvet Revolver was suppose to be on this, but I'll settle with Slither :)

Back