Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock

Z3wpk said:
man i just love that random bon jovi and the rest is like heavy stuff haha and btw they said they may get an a atreyu song somewhere i believe

i was finding bands off my ipod..lol

i have a bunch more but dont feel like listing them all:yesnod:

White Knight said:
At least they got Poison. :) Now, all they need is Cinderella.
that would be cool but they prolly wont because there not "popular" enough like what im saying is guitar hero is kinda like a clique they wont take popular artists and songs just because there good they take em because everyone knows them

thought you guys might like this.....

Waggle & Riffs: Adapting Guitar Hero III to Wii (Wii)
Vicarious Visions' Mike Chrzanowski breaks down how you'll rock out with your Wii out.
By Sterling McGarvey | Oct. 5, 2007

While the news that Guitar Hero III was coming to Wii has been announced since E3, along with a Les Paul guitar, the information surrounding it has been fairly shrouded in mystery. Until today, that is. Earlier this week, we attended an Activision event in San Francisco and sat down with Mike Chrzanowski, the game's lead designer, to find out how Vicarious Visions has managed to adapt yet another famous franchise to Nintendo hardware.

GameSpy: How are you able to get a controller with three gameplay buttons to work with a game that requires five of them?

Mike Chrzanowski: Well, Nintendo has to write some special applications for us to get it working.

GameSpy: Did they work more closely with you guys for it, or the Red Octane team?

Mike Chrzanowski: It was more with Red Octane.

GameSpy: How closely did Red Octane work with you in regard to gameplay and controls?

Mike Chrzanowski: Well, they brought in the controllers to get our initial feedback, so that they could respond to it, and eventually improved it. Red Octane's been great to work with; those guys are awesome.

GameSpy: Do you feel that in comparison to the versions that Neversoft has worked on for next-gen, that the novelty of the Wii has gotten your team a little extra special care?

Mike Chrzanowski: It appears that way; the room was pretty crowded today, which is nice to see, and the Wii is just a very fascinating system that draws a lot of interest. It draws casual players and hardcore players, and the remote inside the guitar is a really nice feature; it makes doing Star Power a lot easier than the previous Guitar Hero games, and I'm really looking forward to the future of the series and what we can do with it.

GameSpy: Vicarious has been known for translating games from their lead consoles to systems that are different, such as what the team has done with Tony Hawk and DS, Marvel Ultimate Alliance for Wii, as well as X-Men Legends II for PSP. What kind of challenges has the team faced in translating Guitar Hero to Wii?

Mike Chrzanowski: The biggest challenged that we faced was definitely the online multiplayer. We were the first third-party SKU to do multiplayer on the Wii. We really didn't have any examples to draw from, so it was quite a challenge. Our online engineers were working crazy, crazy crunch hours trying to get that feature to work, and I think the fans are really going to enjoy jumping online to play, as you saw earlier.

I'm really excited about that feature. Some of the fun features that we've done have ended up adding to the experience, such as the "missed note" pings coming out of the remote's speaker, the controller vibrating when you get Star Power, but ultimately, it was really, really tough getting the online multiplayer to be on parity with the 360 and the PS3 versions.

GameSpy: So, did you draw a lot of inspiration for online from what the Neversoft team has implemented?

Mike Chrzanowski: We basically wanted to do everything that Neversoft did for online with our SKU. We feel that we've achieved that. We've got online co-op multiplayer, so you can have one guy on the East Coast and one guy on the West Coast playing together and going through career mode. We've also got battle mode online, as well as the two face-off modes, normal and pro. So, the feature set is identical on all three lead systems.

GameSpy: It seems that you've got the stranger mode, and as a whole, it seems that Nintendo's hardcore gamer demographic, well, frankly hates Friends Codes. It feels that its over-simplicity ends up making it more difficult to hop online for a game than Xbox Live or PlayStation Network. What do you think that the team has done to overcome some of those boundaries and criticisms lobbied at Wii's online play system?

Mike Chrzanowski: Firstly, we made the friends code extremely visible. When you fire up a game, you'll look at the top of the screen, and your friends code is right on top. You'll know exactly what your code is, so that you can easily communicate it with others. For those who've added the codes, they can easily join games with one another. We also have the strangers matches, so if you want to sidestep the codes, you can just play online against random people.

We wanted to adhere to the Nintendo guidelines for exactly what they were looking for, and we think the players who hop online are going to find exactly what they're looking for. It's a one-time thing; you set up your friends code, and once you get that information over to your friends, they'll always have it. From that point on, you can be in the middle of a single-player match, or your co-op career mode, and as long as your Wii is logged into Nintendo Wi-Fi, you'll always get invites from friends.

GameSpy: Now, let's say that I play against someone in stranger mode, and I've had fun with them. Can I add them in some way?

Mike Chrzanowski: We don't have any ability right now to upgrade a stranger to a friend. Nintendo's structure doesn't allow for people to upgrade strangers to friends, but they can allow for upgrading strangers to rivals. We did not do anything to support rivals at this time.

GameSpy: Now, I was looking at the likes of what EA is doing with their FIFA games, and interactive leagues. If you play as one team online against team rivals, your wins and losses are counted collectively with the supporters on every console and displayed on the game's website. That means that if you play it on 360, league players on PS3, Wii, PS2 and PSP will also influence the collective score. Will there be a uniform ranking system for the best Guitar Hero III players to compare themselves, regardless of platform, on any official website leaderboards?

Mike Chrzanowski: Okay, I see what you're saying. Right now, the leaderboards are platform-specific. Right now, the top player on the Wii is tops for the Wii, while the leaders on 360 and PS3 are separated. But that's a very interesting concept.

GameSpy: So, just for the hell of it: why, in your own words, does the Wii version rock the hardest of all of them?

Mike Chrzanowski: The Wii version rocks hardest, because in multiplayer, you know who's screwing up. You can hear the pings coming out of the guitar. That's one of my favorite features. Also, when you get Star Power, the guitar vibrates. Not only that, but once you've activated it, the guitar vibrates with the beat of the song, so that you can stay on rhythm, so it's very helpful.

me like:smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

Woot The Killers are in the game! I'm not surte whether to get this game for Christmas or when it comes out...If I didn't I'd get Galaxy instead....tough choice...

Brawny said:
lol, biased much?

Popular=everybody knows them....

Classic Rock is great.
i love classic rock sooo soo much im just going by the previous guitar heroes i dont actually approve of it

tdog7 said:
what about some

-mushroomhead
-killswitch engage
-godsmack
-korn
-bon jovi
-drowning pool
-mudvayne

and what about Atreyu? didn't they say they were trying to get one of their songs in here?
I'd like it all but Korn and Bon Jovi. Korn is just downright suck, and Bon Jovi isn't even metal.

masonb15 said:
I'd like it all but Korn and Bon Jovi. Korn is just downright suck, and Bon Jovi isn't even metal.
why does every song have to be metal bon jovi would be cool

Z3wpk said:
why does every song have to be metal bon jovi would be cool
Because its Guitar Hero. GUITAR. And metal is the only genre worth listening too IMO.

Don't get me started on Korn. If you really want to hear about it, PM me.

I don't want to hear about it because I could give a rat's @$$ about your opinion...sad but true

Guitar hero is not all metal...

uh....ohh looks like were forming a rivalry on this thread...i'm wondering how we settle this dispuit...cough*Guitar Hero 3* cough

lol

yesssssss killswitch engage is on GH3 just confirmed toady that "My Curse" from their new album is on it

wooot im satisfied

Raider704 said:
ack. was hoping a Tool song would sneak in there, but guess not.
yea that would have been cool and btw it wont turn into an arguement because we all respect each others opinion i think :scared:

Back