Guitar Hero 3 - Mono Sound only?

Dudey

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
Essex, England
Wii Online Code
2753-0668-0256-5030
Looked for a thread regarding this, but couldn't find.

So is the wii version of gh3 mono sound only?

Meh. I only have a crappy TV with crappy TV speakers (they run along the bottom of the screen and aren' even seperated much).

Will I even notice a difference? Will the game still play fine (i.e., will I hear everything as it was intended?)?

A friend brought GH3 to my place over the weekend and it sounded ok to me. I have a decent 5.1 home theater system (Denon receiver, Energy Connoisseur speakers). I heard everything and had a blast playing GH for the first time ever, medium is the best I can do right now. Hard is freakin nuts!

I'm getting GH3 soon regardless :).

so far only mono
off topic - you listen to operation ivy too XD

pepper said:
so far only mono
off topic - you listen to operation ivy too XD

yeah, shame there isn't an operation ivy song on Guitar Hero!

wario2ooo said:
cant you go on the wii and just adjust it on stereo?
I think that helps a little bit. But its still not full stereo.
I don't know myself, I don't have the game yet, just read about it.

The signal is only mono, but any goos surround system will output that singal channel to all your speakers. So you are only missing out on surround sound effects, which is not actually very noticeable. Professional reviewers were unable to notice the difference, so that should tell you something.

Even if you put the wii to stero.... All you're getting is dual mono( aka the same sound out of both speakers as it is a mono signal)

In real stereo you should have 2 discreet channels (aka, differnt sound should be heard from Left and Right speakers)

DPII (which the game is advertised as having) used a matrixed sound. Therefore your decoder is able to seperate which sounds should be sent to centre, left, right, and rear channels.

Even though DPII is phoney matrixed sound (i.e not 5.1 discreet channels) It is still ALOT better then MONO, or even stereo.

Sorry activison, but you have stuffed up big time, and i sense a class action lawsuit coming on:crazy:

Back