Guitar Hero 3 Question/Problem

brdwyer

WiiChat Member
May 3, 2007
I've noticed two things while playing Guitar Hero 3, and don't know if it's the game or my controllers.

1) When the Wiimote is plugged into the guitar, and I need to press the '+' button (for adding a new band, etc.), the '+' button won't take. The only way I can press it successfully is if I unplug the Wiimote first.

2) While in co-op mode, I can't get the second Wiimote to enable. I'll press the '1' and '2' buttons at the same time, and the lights on the Wiimote will flash for several seconds, but that's it. I know it's not a battery problem, so how do I get the game to recognize the second Wiimote? I had similar problems with Madden '08, but was able to enable the second Wiimote in the Wii menu screens before going into the game. For GH 3, I don't have that option.

Has anybody had similar issues or know how to resolve them? Thanks!

brdwyer said:
I've noticed two things while playing Guitar Hero 3, and don't know if it's the game or my controllers.

1) When the Wiimote is plugged into the guitar, and I need to press the '+' button (for adding a new band, etc.), the '+' button won't take. The only way I can press it successfully is if I unplug the Wiimote first.

2) While in co-op mode, I can't get the second Wiimote to enable. I'll press the '1' and '2' buttons at the same time, and the lights on the Wiimote will flash for several seconds, but that's it. I know it's not a battery problem, so how do I get the game to recognize the second Wiimote? I had similar problems with Madden '08, but was able to enable the second Wiimote in the Wii menu screens before going into the game. For GH 3, I don't have that option.

Has anybody had similar issues or know how to resolve them? Thanks!

1. Are you trying to press the big, '+' button on the guitar? or are you trying to press the, '+' button on the Wiimote? The big one on the guitar should work, and if it doesn't, I can almost guarantee you the button is broken in someway.
  2. Use the Red Button link method to permanently sync your Wiimotes to your console, instead of the quick way. If you do this, you shouldn't have this problem with other games in the future... that's the theory anyway.

Thanks Budo. What is the Red Button Link method to sync the Wiimotes? I'm not familar with that.

1) thats why the - button is on the guitar

2) i dont know, never played co op

Samster said:
Have you noticed that you've only got MONO sound yet?

Terrible - despite the box stating "Dolby ProLogic II" - it's impossible to achieve even stereo output from GH3 on Wii, let alone any surround sound.

Someone screwed up royally. It's a music game, yet the sound is all in mono on the Wii version!

http://www.guitarhero.com/forums/8/forum_topics/1258?page=1

this has nothing to do with this thread, but you have a point. how is it for 360 and ps3 though? do you know?

Thanks for answering my questions. Both remotes are working now!

Back