Guitar Hero 3 Song

dethroker

WiiChat Member
Nov 14, 2007
Is the song from the guitar hero 3 commercial where slash comes from the guys body acutually on Guitar Hero 3?

What song is it? A title or artist name would probably get you a more correct answer...

Ok, I did some searching and it is NOT featured in the game. It's called Slither, by the way. You can get it if buy the Velvet Revolver downloadable pack though...which I don't think you can buy for the Wii yet.

Last edited:
The packs contain songs that you can buy for PS3 and the 360.
Just go there.

As far as I can tell, it's pretty accurate. It has the downloadable packs at the bottom, but you can't get them for the Wii yet.

The last I heard sometime in early 2008 the wii will get DLC. Can anyone confirm or give an update on this?

The Wii version of the game has several exclusive features, since a Wii Remote must be inserted into the guitar controller. The game utilizes the Wii Remote's wireless capabilities and accelerometer, as well as making use of the rumble feature and the internal speaker:[26] The internal speaker on the Wii Remote is used to emit an effect when incorrect notes are hit; and the Wii Remote's rumble feature is utilized when Star Power mode is activated. While the Wii version has online play utilizing game-specific friend codes, downloadable content was not available at launch, although it expected to be available in 2008.[27] The Wii and PS2 versions also use slightly different graphics and sounds from those on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, such as a different typeset, loading screen, and the Wii version featuring "miss" sounds more akin to Guitar Hero I and II.

got it from wikipedia, ok so maybe not early 2008, but sometime in 2008

edit: i second that, found this site
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/12/10/wii_guitar_hero_3_getting_dlc_fixed_sound/1

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity does anyone know how big these DLC packs are for GH3??

I ask as you probs know the Wii only has a small HDD. Now with the DLC for GH3 coming to the Wii we are going to run out of storage space soon and fast. Also with the launch of the new Nintendo channel (when it eventually gets here) there are rumours that we will be able to download stuff, no-one know exactly what but again using the Wii HDD.

I think Nintendo need to open the Wii up to 3rd party companies and allow them to develop USB HDD for the Wii.

Heres something interesting about adding USB HDD to the Wii though not sure if it works.
http://www.gamersreports.com/news/4517/wii-accepts-external-usb-hdd/
Actually the HDD idea would be great for us ,but it would be a risk to Nintendo because with HDD it may be possible for people to put on homebrew applications and hacks (though I wouldn't mind being able to play any region)
But the risk is only if they allow running applications ,saves ,images ,VC games from the external memory but probably wont ,but whats the point of extra space from another device if you have to delete something on your Wii any wayz if you want to put new stuff in it? Full Wii memory + SD card (or HDD) = Pointless if we can't use the files on it

Abernus said:
Just out of curiosity does anyone know how big these DLC packs are for GH3??

I ask as you probs know the Wii only has a small HDD. Now with the DLC for GH3 coming to the Wii we are going to run out of storage space soon and fast. Also with the launch of the new Nintendo channel (when it eventually gets here) there are rumours that we will be able to download stuff, no-one know exactly what but again using the Wii HDD.

I think Nintendo need to open the Wii up to 3rd party companies and allow them to develop USB HDD for the Wii.

on the 360 the Boss Battles pack is a little under 75 MB, then halo theme is bout 24 MB, which is an awesome song to play

Disturbed1 said:
on the 360 the Boss Battles pack is a little under 75 MB, then halo theme is bout 24 MB, which is an awesome song to play

Wow. I don't see how DLC could work on the Wii, which only has 512MB. You'll only be able to get a couple of songs before the flash memory starts to get filled up.

Disturbed1 said:

Thanks for the info, 75Mb on the Wii is a lot of space to use. I think Ninty need to get some external storgae sorted out soon, and allow us to run saves etc from it.

I can't wait until we get DLC for GH3 I really want to play some of the songs (even though I suck on it)

Does anybody know if there is going to be any way to play the songs from GH 1 & 2 on the Wii? Do the downloads for the other systems have this option? I'm just wondering because I have a PS2 and I might want to get GH3 for that system just so I can get 1 & 2 as well.

And if the answer is "no" to my first question, what is better about the Wii version to help me weigh my options? I know there's wireless, online play, downloads (hopfully), the vibration and internal speaker (whoopie...) What else?

Back