Guitar Hero 3 Wii worth getting?

FRuMMaGe

Waluigi's #1 Fan!
Dec 18, 2006
England
Wii Online Code
2482-6460-3144-9934
I am interested (after watching the latest Southpark episode) in buying Guitar Hero 3. However, I assume that the controller is exactly the same for all 3 of the main consoles.

Is there something that set's the Wii version apart from the others? I also have an XBox 360 so I am thinking about buying GH3 for this instead because of the better graphics if the gameplay is the same.

It's pretty much the same. With the 360 I think you're able to download more songs then you can with the Wii. The game itself is quite amazing. I've been playing all weekend and I've yet to get bored of it.

Defiantly pick one up. Good luck finding a Wii copy though...

I think the only difference is that the guitar for the wii is wireless. You insert the wiimote into the guitar I think.

woo post 100 *Pulls string, balloons fall*

well you might be able to use motion sensor in a certain way (remembers seeing someone pointing the guitar towards the tv) but im also intrested and know pretty much nothing about it.

Sylux said:
I think the only difference is that the guitar for the wii is wireless. You insert the wiimote into the guitar I think.

woo post 100 *Pulls string, balloons fall*

All guitars for every system are wireless. I can't imagine walking around playing Guitar Hero with a cord stuck to my 300-400$ Console. I understand where you would get that from though, but That's not the case.

I'll get it for the 360 then, if only to get some use out of it again :lol:

I havn't played it since I got bored of Halo 3

its an awesome game *__*
been playing for 10 days straight still not sick of it

Ugh...people are so misinformed...this has been discussed to death in the other guitar hero thread :p.

The wii version is cheaper, has rumble (pretty cool IMO), and uses the speakers for the mess up sounds (great for battle mode).

The 360 version has downloadable songs....

The wii in 480p will basically be the same. Don't base it on graphics... If you get the 360 version, you better have a good case for adding songs.

The wii guitar hero is wireless the 360 isnt. The 360 has DLC (downloadable content) and the wii doesn't. That's bout it. I have it for the wii and have played it for the 360 many times. Same things basically. I say wii though because it's faster to hop online and the 360's DLC isn't worth getting because of how much it costs.

Its a great game. Yesterday was the first time I ever played GH. It was at a game store on display. I played for 5 mins and decided to pick it up. There is always room for improvement so it really never gets tiring. I am still on easy but I am getting better. Since I do not have the video game reflexes of a kid its going to take me considerably longer to get to the expert level.

XxRed12xX said:
The wii guitar hero is wireless the 360 isnt. The 360 has DLC (downloadable content) and the wii doesn't. That's bout it. I have it for the wii and have played it for the 360 many times. Same things basically. I say wii though because it's faster to hop online and the 360's DLC isn't worth getting because of how much it costs.
360 s omg come one`

unless you want your gamer score to increase get the wii version, thats my opionion anyways.

i've never really played guitar hero besides once or twice at a friends house (the first one) is it really worth me getting into it by buying it for the wii? i always sucked at it on the others. do you just have to play constantly to get better bc no matter how many times i played a specific song i still sucked. haha

Well, the wii gutiar vibrates with star power too. THe wii gutiar has a white faceplate, while the others are black. Wii=wireless andddd that's about it.

Rain Foxx said:
360 s omg come one`

ok ok your right. The graphics on the 360 definately without a doubt top wii's but it all depends on what console you have. If you have both, up to you.

Back