Guitar Hero III Double Pack Launches

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
If you’re a fan of Guitar Hero – and who isn’t – then you no doubt have been experiencing the same frustrating problem as us: finding a standalone wireless guitar to buy. The things have been as rare as a quality Army Man game since launch, probably because every man and his dog want to jam together and not alone. Of all the consoles the Wii version was hardest hit, with next to FA stock hitting stores in the first place.

Activision have come to the rescue, today announcing that they’ve shipped a Guitar Hero III Double Pack for Wii, which features two Les Paul guitars as well as the game. While this doesn’t really help Wii owners who have already bought the game, for those who were holding off until more guitars were in the country will be stoked. The Double Pack seems like a bit of no-brainer in retrospect, so lets hope they continue the trend across all formats in future releases.

No word on price at this stage, although we would expect it to appear in stores at around the $199 mark. We can confirm, however, that this version of the game will play in stereo, and that it is currently an Aussie exclusive, presumably because of our aforementioned lack of original stock. Take that Rest of the World.

In other news, the PC version of the game has received a release date of April 16th, for those of you like to rock from the comfort of your office desk.

With Rock Band about to launch in Australia, this is a strong move for the series, that goes part of the way to addressing our fears in yesterdays article, Has Activision Killed Guitar Hero?
linkage

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sucks to be the old gh3 owners:lol: :lol: :lol:

interesting, i already have the game so i dont need this, but its not a bad idea. it would probably be better, though, just to sell individual guitars

So... what about the people who already bought the game, but need a second guitar?

i saw the guitars being sold in walmart. they came out on the 29th. anyways, my guitar craped out and theres no way i'm paying like 70 bucks for a new one. i rather just buy the game on the 360...

I don't get it? Is the Double Pack $199 in USD? What a ridiculous rip off. It'd cost $10 less to buy two single packs...and you'll end up with TWO games.

Rock Band IMO is the spiritual successor to the Guitar Hero franchise. It needs to get its ass to the Wii NOW.

I really do believe Activision killed Guitar Hero.

Budo said:
Why would they do this, instead of just selling standalone guitars?

*COUGH MONEY COUGH* COUGH*

i wouldnt mind a second guitar if i had the game :lol: I play it at a friends house all the time

This convinced me to ship my GH back for $130 refund to help defray the excessive price of the 2-pack (or a game plus extra guitar when they become available). It only cost $90 shipped from RO.

That is a bit pricey. Maybe id consider it more if it was $120.00
ANy of u guys who wanna add me as friend in GH3 just pm me. Im mediocre at best though. ( i play in medium) :lol:

Back