Guitar Hero III - dragonforce insanity

Cjv

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
Wii Online Code
6034-0977-1447-4634
Hi everyone, been awhile since I posted. I've been playing a lot of SMG and GH3 lately!

I have a question about the dragonforce song, for anyone who's tackled it or taken a good look at it.

In the intro, the notes don't appear as hammer-ons, yet the section is titled "they're hammer-ons" in practice mode. also, I've seen video of someone (a 9 year old, no less) playing the game and tapping/hammering this section, no strumming required besides the first strum.

yet when I attempt to hammer-on the runs in this section, it doesn't work, I get maybe 2 notes at best. And come to think of it, I've seen video of this section being hammered and being strummed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ao_vOsZkg <--- strumming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUzNcheoY6U <---- tapping/hammer-ons

... is this a wii thing? btw, I want my stereo disc ;)

input/experiences appreciated

make sure to tap the button and let go as soon as you do so it hammers on the green one. it starts with red, so you have to strum that once, then the rest is just you tapping fast enough. remember not to hold it or it wont hammer on.

remmeber to also hold down the green button the entire time..My buddy can do it, though he strums with his elbow when he starts...works good unless you miss a key then your kind of screwed. I personaly cant do it, suck at expert, dont have the time / patience to master it..

k, i'll try it but not at all confidently :)

i notice in some videos of 'through the fire and flames' gameplay, the intro actually is made up of hammer-ons... i presume it's xbox or PS that does this. in the wii version, they don't look like hammer-ons.... i'll see what happens...

the game is the same for all systems, it will work for the wii also. Good luck though I tried a few times and didnt get anywhere, ha, hard to strum with your elbow though..

Back