guitar hero III extra songs?

Jafoob

Metroid & sonic freak
Oct 8, 2007
Wii Online Code
8908-9241-0831-2149
last night i went online to battle some people on GHIII, and there were more songs on the list, but they aren't playable in one player mode, whats up with that?

There's five or six songs that are only available through co-op gameplay, or by unlocking through a cheat.

What about downloadable songs. Anyone know when those will be available?

Merkee said:
Last I heard is no hard drive = no downloadable songs :mad5:

That's the worst reason I've ever heard to have no downloadable content. There are things called SD cards, and last time I checked they are getting pretty cheap (last 512MB I bought was $10 CAN).

I don't think activision ever said no harddrive no downloadable content. The Wii has 512MB onboard flash which could hold 50 songs at roughly 10MB per song. Even if you have half full with VC games etc you would still have room for 25 downloaded songs. I think the problem is that the Wii doesn't as yet have the infrastructure for games to access downloaded content.
Apparently Activision and Nintendo are working on it. Eventually it will happen.

I hope it does because that will make or break the difference wether online content can be put on wii or not.

andynoz50 said:
I don't think activision ever said no harddrive no downloadable content. The Wii has 512MB onboard flash which could hold 50 songs at roughly 10MB per song. Even if you have half full with VC games etc you would still have room for 25 downloaded songs. I think the problem is that the Wii doesn't as yet have the infrastructure for games to access downloaded content.
Apparently Activision and Nintendo are working on it. Eventually it will happen.

it's RedOctane, not Activision

Red Octane said they're working with Nintendo on a solution for downloadable songs. No word on when or if it'll ever happen though.

This cheat made me a happy man. I wouldn't ever have anyone to play co-op with, so it was nice putting the cheat in to get the extra songs. The "Monster" song was very fun to play, as was a few of the others (Sabotage, etc.).

Unlock All Songs: YO RB RO GB RY YO RY RB GY GY YB YB YO YO YB Y R RY R Y O

Goto the cheat menu in options and hold down the coloured keys listed in the cheat above and then strum. Yellow + Orange are the first two you hold down, then Red + Blue, etc.

Back