Guitar Hero III: "Hard" Help

sboylan

WiiChat Member
Feb 24, 2008
Indiana
Alright so I've had this game a month, I'm pretty good on Medium perfecting about 7 songs while beating every other with absolute ease (>90% of notes). My buddy said he won't play me until I switch to Hard so I said ok. WHAT THE HELL? I've played it a few times in passing, not giving much creedance to the addition of the infamous orange button but my question to all of you is this:

What is your placement of fingers? I have toyed around with index on green using my pinky for blue/orange and putting my pinky on orange and using index for green/red. Nothing at this points seems to be working and it's extremely frustrating. I feel like I just unwrapped the game and played it for the first time this morning. I know it will inevitably become easier I'm just really looking for some finger placement insight that feels comfortable. Thanks in advance.

There is no good finger placement for hard and extreme, the way i learned how is by playing Slow Ride about 5 times, getting used to having to move the pinky, then i skipped to extreme for slow ride, and that helped me learn how to move my hands on certain parts, which might happen for hard mode, i forgot completely about that mode (Except for TTFAF)

i don't really think finger placement for me is very difficult. i play on expert and do fine on it. as long as i can feel the bump on the yellow button then i know where my other fingers are.

i move my hand down for orange like then the finger you use for green will be on red

What really helps is going into practice mode and playing Hard songs on slower speeds to get a feel for where your hands should be. I think the best way to do it is to move your hand down 1 fret, so if you normally have your hand on green, red, yellow, blue, you move down so your index finger ends up on red, then the rest of your fingers are on yellow, blue, orange...

The best advice is to just keep practicing. ;)

Erm.
As i made the transistion from normal to hard i completely disregarded my iddly pinky. But only recently have i noticed me using it to good effect.
To answer your question..Time will tell you where to put your fingers. :)
Worst answer possible? :p

I just shift back and forth between the two positions: index on green or index on red. The default position for me is index on green. On hard, at least, they usually break up notes so you play sections in one position and then switch to the other position and play for a while. You can play through most of the songs on hard without having to fly back and forth between the positions.

My advice: just jump right into hard. It came pretty easily to me.

You are not alone on this. I can only beat one song so far on hard. I also cannot beat knights of cydonia on Medium is a nemesis for me. True I have only had the game for 3 weeks so I have improved sooo much since trying it at Bestbuy. IE practice makes perfect or at least better

If I could do it over again I would start on hard; I've advised a buddy to just go straight into it, as it will be tougher at first but he won't have this ridiculous transition period. I basically just need to practice from scratch like I did initially on medium. I don't think I will bring bring my hand down a note as that will probably really screw me up if I go back to medium when friends come over. Ah the tangled web that is GH3...

I have a hard time between keeping all the buttons down as if ready for hammer offs and pushing the fret buttons one at a time in sequence. I switch back and forth. Also i started out only strumming down and now cannot get the timing right to strum up or alternatively.?? any suggestions?

Back