Guitar Hero III Mono Output

Zarogan

Official Metroid Breeder
Jan 26, 2007
Chile
Wii Online Code
5460-1571-7458-7185
I know there's a lot of threads regarding this problem, but none of them have the answers I'm looking for, and I've asked there before.

I understand the Wii version of the game comes with mono sound only, but there's two things I'm not sure of yet: Do ALL of the Wii version discs come with this issue, or just some of them? And, I know they've already started with the disc replacement program, but what about people who buy the game just now? Are the versions of the game that are currently for sale already fixed?

I didn't buy the game before when I heard about the issue, but I'm thinking in buying it now, new. Will that disc come with the problem too? You see, I can't afford that because activision won't offer me any replacement options here in Chile.

Thanks in advance.

Now I have no idea why Activision won't offer help in chile.
As far as I know the new stereo disks should be in stores now. And they are replacing ALL disks as it was the company's fault. The're even offering full refunds for customers who baught the mono disks.
If I were you I would email Activision and find out if the new disks should be in your area already.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/02/25/activision_offering_refunds_on_guitar_hero_wii/1

They won't offer any help in Chile because there is no legal nintendo representative here. Basically, what happens here is that a private company called Ecogar imports everything Nintendo directly from the US, there is no Nintendo Warranty for example, if my Wii comes broken I have to appeal against Ecogar to get it fixed.

Anyway, thanks for your help, I'll do what you said and email Activision.

Can anyone in the USA who has bought GH recently confirm that the new ones on the shelves now are in stereo? I'm holding off buying it until I know I won't have to wait on a swap-out.

Back