Guitar Hero III: Wii or PS2?

Get it for Wii, the online community is great and is the main reason why I will get this game for christmas.

Wii_Are_Family123 said:
the thing that i find annoying for the wii version is that there is no sign of an extra guitar for a loong time, o and quick question will there ever be downloadable songs for the wii version

I'd go for the PS2 version for this very reason, unless the owner never plans to play with friends.

i have a similar question here:

I have Guitar Hero 1 & 2 on my PS2 along with my trusted and sturdy controller ive become accustomed to.

Should I get the game for my PS2 becuz -

a) Cheaper
b) has Stereo
c) used to my controller

Should i get the game and controller bundle for the Wii becuz -

a) online (obviously)
b) wireless
c) cool little noises from my wiimote
d) possible downloadable content

Voice your opinions please

metalfreak said:
i have a similar question here:

I have Guitar Hero 1 & 2 on my PS2 along with my trusted and sturdy controller ive become accustomed to.

Should I get the game for my PS2 becuz -

a) Cheaper
b) has Stereo
c) used to my controller

Should i get the game and controller bundle for the Wii becuz -

a) online (obviously)
b) wireless
c) cool little noises from my wiimote
d) possible downloadable content

Voice your opinions please

If you have friends around to play with you, I'd definately go with the PS2 version. The game is meant to be played with a buddy at your side (and maybe a few more cheering you on). Who knows when that'll be possible on the Wii, if ever.

Atomheart said:
If you have friends around to play with you, I'd definately go with the PS2 version. The game is meant to be played with a buddy at your side (and maybe a few more cheering you on). Who knows when that'll be possible on the Wii, if ever.

but im the only person i know that has guitar hero on the PS2 and i have only 1 controller (yes, still) and i play it with buddies but we usually take turns

im not debating this from a split screen offline standpoint cuz thats irrelevant to me...only off of the points i listed above

thanks tho

***EDIT: if i was guna spend the money on a bundle to get an extra ps2 controller id rather just buy the wii version...thats where my dilemna lies...^^^ read above

metalfreak said:
but im the only person i know that has guitar hero on the PS2 and i have only 1 controller (yes, still) and i play it with buddies but we usually take turns

im not debating this from a split screen offline standpoint cuz thats irrelevant to me...only off of the points i listed above

thanks tho

Then I don't see what the advantages of the PS2 version are otherwise. The only thing the PS2 version has over the Wii version is that you can currently get more than one guitar, assuming you're buying the whole package.

Still, in your case, I'd go for the PS2 version. The game is identical across all consoles (aside from DLC in the 360 and PS3 versions), so no console really has advantages over the others. I suppose the Wii version does have a wireless controller. I suppose it comes down to whether or not having a wireless controller and online play (meh) are worth the extra $40 to you.

Personally, I'd save the $40 and get another game as well.

well since this is for guitar hero 3 question i have another,

Are the Co-op songs in career mode ONLY unlockable and playable in co-op mode or can u access them regardless? or maybe easier to understand:

Are there songs you can only unlock and/or play in co-op mode?

I would recommend it for the Wii. I just traded a 2GB ipod nano for it since i have an iphone and I am so glad i did. This game is great for the wii. The wireless guitar is awesome.

not only do you want your cousin to have more wii games, but wii version's online is fantastic. although it does annoy me that mono is the only sound option, wii version will be better.

songs

does quitar hero 3 have the same songs on all platforms cause i hav a wii and a 360 but my mates got only a wii so i was gonna go wii seeing as i could play it with him... but im only gonna get the wii one if it has the same songs.... dus anyone no?

Back