Guitar Hero III Xbox 360 v. Wii

frankofwii

the Captain
Jul 30, 2007
Willimantic, CT
Wii Online Code
6161-6587-8001-6447
I've been looking around online and trying to figure out which system I should get guitar hero III for. I've found for the most part that there is a $10 difference between the two systems. But besides the price what are the major differences between the two games?

I dont know. Part 3 will have new songs. As for part 2 I got it for my 360 and I LOVE IT. I recommend it.

they SHOULD be pretty similar... maybe you should wait for all the details to come out and decide from that

Just based on what was posted here I would say the wii one. I too remember reading about a downloadable song system being implemented. And if there truly is a better Guitar, then that's all you need. As far as gfx, does it really matter, I mean in general I don't really care about gfx, but ESPECIALLY when the whole game is about the music. As long as you can tell apart the colors the only thing to see is the fireworks and flashing lights when you tilt.

Sovieto said:
uhh graphics, HD, and downloadable songs/updates on the 360.
why in God's name would you need HD on a game like guitar hero? its a bunch of circles coming at you really fast. you dont have time to look at your guy, who's only purpose is for other people to look at.

XwiimasturX said:
why in God's name would you need HD on a game like guitar hero? its a bunch of circles coming at you really fast. you dont have time to look at your guy, who's only purpose is for other people to look at.
You don't need HD. When do you ever need the Wii controlls?
It's just an enhancement.

And heh for someone like me with a large hdtv and the Wii... I wouldn't be surprised if the circles are so blurry that it really does hurt the game.

Sense the Wii is supposed to have downloadables and a guitar is a guitar then other than a few small things it's basically a $10 difference for HD (and graphics way better in every aspect) or no HD?
If I had a 360 I'd get that version but sense I don't I plan on getting the Wii. Unless of course the Wii version is a major flop for whatever reasons which could easily happen.

StevenNevets said:
You don't need HD. When do you ever need the Wii controlls?It's just an enhancement.
try making warioware without wii controls (at least, make a fun one without them.

i think wii controls are necessary for certain games (not many, but a couple), but i also think HD is necessary for certain games (but guitar hero isn't one of them)

Haha

HD in guitar hero, yeah that's necessary...

If I had a wii and a 360 I'd definitely get it for wii. It'll be cheaper apparently and if the guitar is better, so much the better.

Honestly, all you do is stare at the stupid guitar with the approaching circles anyways.

yeah that's what I was thinking. save 10 for HD seeing how im still on SDTV I think i might go with wii.

Except for the downloaded songs. the 360 marketplace is already set and running where as wii shop(although getting better) is still getting a makeover every three weeks.

WolfpacSnakepit said:
wii has the better guitar
wii has faster load times
i heard somewhere u can download songs on the wii version too, lets wait and see huh:? :)

I completely agree

WolfpacSnakepit said:
wii has the better guitar
wii has faster load times
i heard somewhere u can download songs on the wii version too, lets wait and see huh:? :)
rofl
wii has the better guitar? they are all the same.
load times...wow..wheres your proof? 360 has such a better processor than the wii, without any back up the logical choice would be 360 for load times.
you heard somewhere, rofl... did you also hear somewhere that wii has the better guitar too?

@hd, its HD, people who have HDTVs want a game fitted for their TV, its not just about cleaner images

@the kid above me, you agree?! YOU AGREE?! on some bias hopes, rofl.

Sovieto said:
rofl
wii has the better guitar? they are all the same.
load times...wow..wheres your proof? 360 has such a better processor than the wii, without any back up the logical choice would be 360 for load times.
you heard somewhere, rofl... did you also hear somewhere that wii has the better guitar too?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/816/816619p1.html

Read that......the Wii guitar will have a rumble feature the other versions wont have, and also sound from the Wiimote the other versions wont have

And it mentions loading times in there too

I think thats the proof

Back